Lost 1 fin want to upgrade

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jgarci

Registered
Reaction score
Well after a terrible beach dive attempt this morning I am minus 8lb of weight and minus 1 fin. I had the oceanic viper fins which weren't bad but I wouldn't mind some more propulsion underwater. I am not looking to get the same fins, I was thinking about getting a set of Mares Instinct Pro long fins, since I scuba Dive and freedive i was looking for an all purpose fin. Any suggestion?

Well after a terrible beach dive attempt this morning I am minus 8lb of weight and minus 1 fin. I had the oceanic viper fins which weren't bad but I wouldn't mind some more propulsion underwater. I am not looking to get the same fins, I was thinking about getting a set of Mares Instinct Pro long fins, since I scuba Dive and freedive i was looking for an all purpose fin. Any suggestion?

The Mares Quattro fin is near universally liked and powerfull...

I'm afraid you might find an all purpose fin doesn't really exist. A free diving fin won't work well for scuba diving. You'll tire out quite quickly using those. And a scuba fin is not going to do much for your free diving. You may have to purchase 2 separate sets of fins.

I'm afraid you might find an all purpose fin doesn't really exist. A free diving fin won't work well for scuba diving. You'll tire out quite quickly using those. And a scuba fin is not going to do much for your free diving. You may have to purchase 2 separate sets of fins.

I thought about that but why is it every time I dive somewhere especially deep boat dives I always see a scuba diver with long fins, and every time I ask them the tell me that they work great, but I did see a diver lose one of his freediving fins as soon as he jumped in the water from the boat which worries me a little bit.

Also I was looking at the Mares Quattro fins like like suggested and I did put that on my possible list.

Jgarci...were you diving LBTS with high waves?
Been there, done that....even lost a fin myself.

LOL... somewhere out there near LBTS is a nice new ScubaPro Jet fin with spring strap on it as well...

Yes I was diving LBTS with high waves. I lost a blue oceanic viper fin. Still haven't replaced it yet, I've been diving with my back up fins since but they are in desprate need for replacement, I will probably replace them this weekend.

I wouldn't choose a free diving fin for diving cus of several reasons but mostly due to them being terrible in closed areas n travel bags usually aren't that long.

I did consider Jbl Esclapez Freediving Open Heel fins as they are the only freediving fins that can fit on booties:
Jbl Esclapez Freediving Open Heel Fins, Black

Cheers,

SangP

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom