Uemis Zurich SDA Help needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mark260165

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
Hi to you all, this is my first post on this site, I do hope someone can help me!!

I have a Uemis Zurich SDA and need some help with it!
I took some AOW Students on two dives today, dive one was started at 10:31, lasted some twenty minutes, we then had a surface intervall, re kitted and entered the water at 11:11, for another twenty minutes.

Once home I uploaded my dives to "MY Uemis", I can't find the surface interval for today's dives, it must be somewhere!

I can only find a surface interval in "My uemis" under the Pre/post dive, but it says 3 minutes??? so this can't be it..........can it?????

Thanks

Mark

UPDATE
I phoned Uemis this morning with regards the surface intervals, I have to say it's more to do with me not understanding the information correctly.

In "MYUEMIS" when I look at the logs of the two dives in the pre/post tab, it showed no surface interval in the "pre dive data" on dive one, which is correct as it was the first dive.
On the "post dive data" it showed interval time as three minutes, Uemis have told me this is the screen shot & data taken three minutes after surfacing (AHH HAA) nothing to do with the actaul surface interval between dives!! it does this on every dive!
Also in the "Post dive data" my desaturation time after dive one was 47 minutes (from all the data taken three minutes after surfacing, however if the air pressure gets even slightly lower you can off gas faster (as this surface interval did) & I off gassed completely before starting the second dive.
The SDA therefore does not need to treat it as a repetitive dive so will not show a surface interval.
So its me & not my Uemis Zurich SDA!!

I would like to add the following.......
I bought the Zurich SDA as I liked the way it displayed the data, it has worked perfectly, the data is given in a clear bright simple way, however, if you need more data its there at the simple slide of a button!
The build quality is superb.
I also love the way that you can log into "my Uemis" from any PC, today the support guy's from Uemis logged into my account, looked at all the dive data and then were able to explain what I had been seeing whilst I was looking at it from my work PC.
They are always happy to help!
I also love the fact that you only have to pair the transmitter to the SDA once, I had a D9 before this and had to pair the two before each dive, I had no air data on more than one occation!

Mark.

The log will provide a "screenshot" of the SDA display before and after each dive. Between dives, the SDA display looks like this:
4514833503_071284c583.jpg

The surface interval is shown as #8. Other related values are total desaturation time (#1), no-fly time (#2), and altitude you shouldn't exceed (#11).

Thank you for your reply, I had read the manual and understood where the surface interval is displayed, however I didn't understand that on the post screen the 3 minutes in the surface int is there because its taken three minutes after surfacing.

I am still confused though......
on page 30 of the manual, it shows a scren shot that it says has been taken three minutes after the dive however that can't be correct can it as the screen should say 3 minutes for the surface interval, as in the screen shot on page 33 (that how my post dive screen looks like!

Surely the screen shot on page 30 has been taken 4 hours 21 minutes????

Can you explain??

Thanks again

Mark

You are correct. They show an example of the home screen at an SI of 4:21. What they're essentially saying is "This is what the home screen looks like. The SDA will swich to this mode 3 minutes after diving", not "This is what the home screen looks like 3 minuters after diving". Hope that helps?

PERFECT!
That makes sence of it all now!

Even happier with it!

Regards

Mark

Hello all,
I have another question with regards my Uemis SDA, I would like to enter the co-ordinates of dive sites for some of my dives in my log, I can use Google to find the exact locations & along the bottom of the page gives the Lat & Long but its not a format that I can enter in either my SDA or "My Umis".
The "Dives" in "My Uemis" has an area which looks as though it would show a map once the details have been filled in correctly.

Many thanks
Mark

It does indeed show the location, if the coordinates are correct. This is how I entered the Marsa Shagra dive site in my SDA, near Marsa Alam, Egypt:

Latitude 25.245693
Longitude 34.798234
Google Maps

The coordinates were extracted from google maps originally.

You add them under my databases > divesites, then you can add them through your dives with 'my databases > dives'. Of course, this can all be done on the computer itself too.

Back
Top Bottom