Help with downloading a new React Pro

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba Rich

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,

I'm trying to download my new Genesis React Pro without success. The DC manual says that download will be automatic when I connect the cable...but that didn't work.

The download software gives directions on how to download, but they don't seem to work either...the button pushes they give in the directions don't produce the results they say should happen.

I have been to the Genesis website and downloaded the latest drivers and software

This is what does happen: With the Genesis software up and running on my laptop I plug the USB cable into laptop and make the connection with the dive computer (DC). The laptop recognizes the USB connection. The DC goes into PC mode. The software USB connection test is good and it initiates the handshake and states that the download is initiated. However, at this point the software times out (well before the 120 second time limit is up) and a download error message pops up.

So, I'm not sure whether this is a DC issue, software issue or cable issue. I tend to think it's not a cable problem since the software recognizes the DC and triggers the DC's PC mode.

Thanks in advance for the responses!

There may be a conflict between the Dive Computer and the Cable. Which version of the ReAct Pro do you have? The 06 Series or the 09 Series? And what cable do you have? The 3900DR or the GDK400?

There may be a conflict between the Dive Computer and the Cable. Which version of the ReAct Pro do you have? The 06 Series or the 09 Series? And what cable do you have? The 3900DR or the GDK400?

The DC has S/N CT-000253 01/09, so I'm assuming it's an '09 DC

The cable is the 3900DR

Thanks for the help!

I wish that was a fair assumption. If I recall the upgrade took place at the end of the first quarter. Can you attach a picture of the computer? Or you can tell me what color the label is on the outside of the LCD screen. Black or White?

I wish that was a fair assumption. If I recall the upgrade took place at the end of the first quarter. Can you attach a picture of the computer? Or you can tell me what color the label is on the outside of the LCD screen. Black or White?

White face:

RichsReactPro_a2.jpg

Last edited:
Okay, you do have the newer computer but have the old style cable. You will need to get the GDK400. If you just purchased the cable from your dealer, return it for the newer version.

Okay, you do have the newer computer but have the old style cable. You will need to get the GDK400. If you just purchased the cable from your dealer, return it for the newer version.

Can I use the DR3900 to download my Resource Pro?

Anyway, thanks for the quick response!

I also have the exact same problems that Scuba Rich has. I have an 09 model ReAct Pro (white face), and have the GDK400 download cable. Can you give me any advice to try? I have tried it on computers using Vista
Thanks

I also have the exact same problems that Scuba Rich has. I have an 09 model ReAct Pro (white face), and have the GDK400 download cable. Can you give me any advice to try? I have tried it on computers using Vista
Thanks

Sujo -

Once I got the GDK400 Cable, both my React Pro's downloaded fine. However, the problem may be in the software. If you have the software on your computer (program & drivers) delete them; then go to the Genesis website and download them again.

NOTE: Make sure you download and install the driver BEFORE you download the software.

Once the software is downloaded and installed try to download the React Pro...it should work.

Hope this helps!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom