Easier way to find Dive Operators in Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

samaka

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
Hey everybody!

To make things easier for anyone planning to come diving in the Egyptian Red Sea I have now added links to all the Dive Centres on the different locations.

This is how it works: If you are looking for a dive centre on a particular location, say Safaga, you click on "Safaga" in the left link-column and when your browser redirects you to the Safaga page you find links to all the Dive Centres in Safaga in form of banners in the right hand column. There is one list with Dive Centres that has been approved by CDWS and at the bottom a link to the "Black List".

The same goes for the Liveaboard Operators: Click on "Liveaboards" in the left hand link-column and when your browser redirects you to the Liveaboard page you find all the Liveaboard Operators to the right. If you're looking for a particular boat you can scroll all the way down and there is a list of all the liveaboard vessels in the Egyptian Red Sea.

If you find a link that is not working or there is a link missing please feel free to let me know and I'll fix it right away.

This information comes in an alphabetical order. The website aziab.com is still 100% independent from operators and free from advertising. Pure information free of charge for everyone interested.

Check it out:
www.aziab.com

cool runnings
.........a.........

I've added this site at my favourite links. No matter what, it is a useful link. But I have one question: What about Sharm El Sheikh? I'm not familiar with Egyptian geography,sa I've never been there,but I've heard of this place from a friend of mine who visited it and Dahab.

For any questions regarding the Sinai side Asser is the man for you. I live on the main land and I have the main part of my experience in the Red Sea for this side.

If you want a lunatic rambling on and letting the steam off after being rightfully slapped on the wrist by people trying to keep the quality of the dive industry in Egypt... then by all means ask Alxdiv for advice...

...a...

My general advice when diving in the red sea would be "stay clear of russian owned ops or ops catering to russians". Drinking vodka between dives, ripping the corals apart and harassing the wildlife is just not something you wanna be part of..

I know thats pretty generalized, but Ive been there a few times and seen a bit too much of the newly rich, no respect for anything russians that hang around down there.

Although you are right up to a point I have to say that it's not a rule without exceptions. It's not a matter of geography. I've lived in Egypt now since 1999 and I've seen the changes in the dive industry over the years. I would say that it's the low budget operators who are responsible for a lot of the damage on the reefs. It's as simple as this, it costs money to keep up quality and it's obvious that if you charge $25 for a day on the boat including lunch you need to cut costs somewhere. Normally the first choices are costs that are not visible for the guests. Memberships in organisations like HEPCA and the local Deco Chamber are of course out the window and then it's of course cheaper to hire an Open Water diver as guide than some one with a DM cert. It's not strange that you don't get a proper briefing on environmental issues from someone who does not even know what that is. Unfortunately a lot of the budget operators attract the the least educated guests and one thing leads to another... The low budget operators are also often the ones that gives best commission to the travel reps which means that the travel operators who cares least for the environment and most for the money goes there. Hence Russian guests are famous for destroying the reefs. This being said I meet Russians that have been given good briefings and are following the instructions from their guides. What we need here is to get rid of all the crap operators and give space for good operators. We have the guests we deserve...

.......anders.......

What we need here is to get rid of all the crap operators and give space for good operators.

If only there was a government body that would attempt to do just that.... :)

Although you are right up to a point I have to say that it's not a rule without exceptions. It's not a matter of geography. I've lived in Egypt now since 1999 and I've seen the changes in the dive industry over the years. I would say that it's the low budget operators who are responsible for a lot of the damage on the reefs. It's as simple as this, it costs money to keep up quality and it's obvious that if you charge $25 for a day on the boat including lunch you need to cut costs somewhere. Normally the first choices are costs that are not visible for the guests. Memberships in organisations like HEPCA and the local Deco Chamber are of course out the window and then it's of course cheaper to hire an Open Water diver as guide than some one with a DM cert. It's not strange that you don't get a proper briefing on environmental issues from someone who does not even know what that is. Unfortunately a lot of the budget operators attract the the least educated guests and one thing leads to another... The low budget operators are also often the ones that gives best commission to the travel reps which means that the travel operators who cares least for the environment and most for the money goes there. Hence Russian guests are famous for destroying the reefs. This being said I meet Russians that have been given good briefings and are following the instructions from their guides. What we need here is to get rid of all the crap operators and give space for good operators. We have the guests we deserve...

.......anders.......
you're totally right, its funny how just a nobody approaches you out of no where and says "hi, do u wanna dive?" they would take u even if you dont have a license. its sad really to see those who only care about money.
btw, i like your diving suit :p and thanx for the links, i'll use it once i save some money for sharam :)

Back
Top Bottom