Sight correction of masc

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonas Isaksen

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Unfortunately my girlfriend has a really bad eyesight, however she would love to do a scubatraining :) so she can have closer control with me :-(

With respect to corrections of the glass in the masc, is there any limitations that might prevent here from scubadiving ?

One said that the glass may be to heavy ????

Any ideas around this in the forum ?

Thanks

Hi, Jonas! :wavey:

We have a guy on this board that is an optimologist . .. or something; however one spells that! I've sent him a private message. Hopefully, he can answer your question. http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/members/idocsteve.html.

There are prescription Rx masks out there. Good Luck.

Hi, Jonas! :wavey:

We have a guy on this board that is an optimologist . .. or something; however one spells that! I've sent him a private message. Hopefully, he can answer your question. ScubaBoard - View Profile: idocsteve.

There are prescription Rx masks out there. Good Luck.

lol-optimologist, I've been called everything but that one......Gunna write it down....

Unfortunately my girlfriend has a really bad eyesight, however she would love to do a scubatraining :) so she can have closer control with me :-(

With respect to corrections of the glass in the masc, is there any limitations that might prevent here from scubadiving ?

One said that the glass may be to heavy ????

Any ideas around this in the forum ?

Thanks

What's her Rx??.....

Contact lenses are a preferred method of vision correction for many Scuba Divers. They aren't nearly as cumbersome as rx Scuba masks, peripheral vision is better, and distortion and magnification or minification of images is much less.

You might find more useful information on the thread linked in my signature below each of my posts.

If you supply more information such as her approximate prescription perhaps I can give you more useful advice.

By the way, there's no such thing as a optimologist.

There's opticians, optometrists, and ophthalmologists. All 3 are involved in vision care but to varying degrees and I'm not going to get into the differences here especially since their roles may vary somewhat by state or country, but there's always Google.

Heavy mask? Unlikely. Only real issue or concern that comes to mind is how she might react if she lost her mask while diving. I wear contacts, and always worried about them washing out. My vision was so bad, I wouldn't be able to see anything, either down or on the surface. "Solved" problem by having laser surgery on one eye to correct to 20/20.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom