Just about finished

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MikeFerrara

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
The shop is closed and almost empty. We have to move the office and some small stuff and finish patching he walls and we'll be completely out of the building. I have to teach this weekend and wrap up a couple of things with existing customers over the next couple of weeks and I'm free. I have a couple weeks of work to get everything set up in the garage and I need to get heat in before winter so I can run the compressor and then all I have to do is dive. We're going to continue to offer training on a LIMITED basis and there a few manufacturers who are going to let us stay on so we can get a few things for students and that'll be the extent of the dive industry for me. I should have done it sooner.

Sorry, man.

I remember when my Dad closed his little local bookstore some years ago. It was probably one of the bummerest days of my life. But... B&N and Boarders opened just up the street a ways, which pretty much meant The Good Fight was over.

But all we had to show for it was a whole lot of coverless paperbacks. No air compressor.

Sorry too. Just from reading your posts it seems that you are (were) one of the few shops that actually cared about being a dive shop, not just a way to make money. It's too bad and I think the whole industry, not just the locals, looses when the good guys get out. On the other hand, you get more time for diving just for the fun, right?

Back
Top Bottom