Decided to make a change to Apollo Bio's- Need spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Fourseventeen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Who makes a direct replacement for the rubber straps currently on my bios? I want ones that I wont have to modify any parts of the fin so I can always use the stock strap if I ever break a spring strap. I seen that scubatoys has the Tilos spring straps for 35.00....will these work and are they any good? Any better suggestions without breaking the bank (like these fins did!)

I put some Innovative spring straps on my Bio Fins a few years ago. Still going strong, but, like you said, if one ever goes, I can still use a stock strap, which I keep in my dive kit.

Mike

Both my wife's and my bio fins' spring straps have torn at the strap wher the finger loop is attached.

I bought a pair of Blue Reef SS spring Straps from Leisure Pro ($19.95) - removed the heel guards and put them on her fins (I'm not going to try this on my fins first!)

She has small fins and small Apollo Spring Straps. The Blue Reef fit perfectly and are MUCH less expensive than the Apollo replacements, plus they aren't as soft as the Apollos (last longer?).

There was a problem getting the screw off the straps as they are a few years old and the salt water can bind the screw to the housing, plus I think that there is some blue colored glue on the original screws. But I managed to get the back screw off (had to take a hack saw and create a channel for a flat head screwdriver to get soem torque on it as I stripped the tiny philips head!) I was afraid that I'd strip the housing, but I let WD-40 soak in for a few days. By the way, I replaced the screw with one from Home Depot - they're metric - M4 is the size.

Next I'm going to do mine now that I know it works!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom