Question on the New C Series

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nidankempo

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
All,

I currently have Solo harness connected to the stainless steel back plate and S38 wing. I am looking to make the foray into doubles and was wondering if the C Series would fit this bill, but at the same time be functional as single tank setup as well for those times when I might need to do both. Am I correct in assuming that with the single tank adapter and the C wing I can do this? Also will it be to much over hang?

Just starting to get into the whole tech setup my apologizes if these questions are to newbieish.

Thanks,

Stephen

All,

I currently have Solo harness connected to the stainless steel back plate and S38 wing. I am looking to make the foray into doubles and was wondering if the C Series would fit this bill, but at the same time be functional as single tank setup as well for those times when I might need to do both. Am I correct in assuming that with the single tank adapter and the C wing I can do this? Also will it be to much over hang?

Just starting to get into the whole tech setup my apologizes if these questions are to newbieish.

Thanks,

Stephen

Hi Stephen,

Our wings are designed for either use with either singles (S Series) or doubles (C, BAC or X Series), but not both as the the footprint is designed for a specific application. Increased drag, difficulty dumping excess air/trapping air, and tank wrap are all things one will experience especially when using too large of a wing with a single tank - therefore it is not advised.

That being said, it has been done. All of our wings accept a Single Tank Adapter and have cam slots for specifically in case the need should arise. The C45 has the smallest footprint and while designed for doubles has been used by several with a single tank.

For use with doubles, there are still a few variables. Tank size, gear configuration, exposure suit, ect all play a role in determining lift requirements.

Hope that helps.

Hi Nick,

Thats sort of were my research led me too --- S series for single and then a C BAC or X for doubles. Thanks for the help! Love the gear I have from you guys and am looking forward to getting more soon :-D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom