Sherwood Rona Buckle Broke

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rakpix

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
i have two sherwood rona masks and love them. but the left buckle on one broke off the silicone "knob" it was attached to. it seems like a simple pin conects the buckle to the mask, and it should be easily replaceable ... but my local sherwood dealer (Tom's Dive & Swim - Central Texas Source for Scuba Vacations, Gear and Lessons) says it can't be replaced. is this true? can i order another rona mask strap w/ attached buckles directly from sherwood, or a 3rd party strap w/ buckles that will fit the silicone knobs & pins? i'll be diving my backup mask until then. thanks.

The MC-20 is the replacement buckle assembly for the Rona Mask and includes the pin required to replace the buckle. I believe the first set of replacement buckles we sent out did not include this pin and that may be the reason for the reply that it cannot be replaced. I confirmed that the buckle assembly does include the pin so all you need to do is have your local store order an MC-20 for you.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom