Pompano Beach - Force E

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

snturner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I will be going to Pompano Beach FL from June 24th to the 29th. I was thinking of diving with Force E. Anyone heard of them and have any comments? This will be my first time to this area. Any suggestions? What is the norm for a wet suit for this area?

I will be by myself on the dives, so if anyone wants to join me, that would be great.

Thank You.

3mm this time of year will be fine waters up to 75deg last look but can change and get warmer!!!, force e may charter you out to or farm out I could be wrong,,,,Too..>>, Visit One of the "Top Ten" Scuba and Snorkel Dive Locations, Sunny Sourth Florida, with South Florida Diving Headquarters
we dove with south Florida
the location is nice and ease of parking is nice.the crew is nice and dives we did were easy as we did the SS Copenhagen as my son is JOW I am sure you will find some one to buddy with easy as boats full each day,
looks like you have some dives in and if you have a chance a 1/2 hr north is Boynton beach and the diving rocks a bit deeper like 55'-60'fsw but man the reefs are great!
PM me if you need more info have a fun trip,just got back had a blast!
Brad

Force-E's dive shops are great: I use the one in WPB, near blue heron bridge, all the time. The shop does not operate its own boat but essentially acts as a agent for many boats (you, as a diver, don't pay more for the 'service' but my bet is that the boat operator shares some % of the revenue with the shop). I have used the WPB shop to make dive arrangements in the past: in my experience, Force-E will not put you with a crappy operator, at least that was the case in WPB.

I have also dove with Pompano Dive Center and had good experience: their boat and shop are right on the water

http://www.pompanodivecenter.com/

in fact, I was out with the sister shop, Jupiter Dive Center, this morning.

Force-E runs a nice chain of stores but as mentioned, owns no boats. I particularly like the fact they open very early, especially on the weekends.

I'm not sure how many trips you're planning but at least one of the charter ops offers ten trip tickets for $450 (that's 20 tanks / 10 trips).

The price per trip is the same wether you go through Force-E or the individual boats, so you can either find a dusty old phone book and spend time calling different boats to see where they're going and if they're going, or you can just let Force-E do it for you. It's a good system for everyone.

The Pompano store will more than likely put you with Parrot Island Island, the Boca store uses the Diversity. Both are great ops, I like the diving better in Boca (more big ledges) then Pompano (also closer for me), so I prefer the Diversity.

I usually use Parrot Island Nice folks good operation. Force-E is also a great shop.

I can say that I have been using the Riviera Beach (WPB) store for years for various things and have never had anything less than great, friendly, competent customer service.
Also, as an illustration to just how friendly they are, recently my cousin got his basic open water c-card from them after having lost it years ago. (He had been certified with another shop decades earlier.) They really helped him.
While I live in north Florida, I go to WPB a handful of times a year to visit family and a 3mm wetsuit should be fine for you to use. There are numerous wrecks and reefs to see there, most of which will be done by drift diving due to that part of Florida being so close to the Gulf Stream. (Always carry a safety sausage and other safety items like a whistle, mirror, etc., just to be safe. And gloves as well.)

When visiting SE FL we stay in Deerfield Beach and have been using the Boca Raton Force-E store for the last 3 or 4 years, great bunch of people in the store and as others have said, they can put you on a boat that will give you the type dives you are looking for. My wife did her OW cert dives in '08 with Morgan from the Boca store and she had a really great experience on some very nice dives. We normally do several dives on Diversity and Capt'n Tony and crew are super to dive with. We are heading down next week and will be diving with them again.

When visiting SE FL we stay in Deerfield Beach and have been using the Boca Raton Force-E store for the last 3 or 4 years, great bunch of people in the store and as others have said, they can put you on a boat that will give you the type dives you are looking for. My wife did her OW cert dives in '08 with Morgan from the Boca store and she had a really great experience on some very nice dives. We normally do several dives on Diversity and Capt'n Tony and crew are super to dive with. We are heading down next week and will be diving with them again.

Actually, I believe it was the Boca Force E store that helped my cousin with his long lost c-card.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom