Blue Heron Bridge May 2?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beepbird

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi Scuba boarders,

Just curious if anybody is planning on diving the Blue Heron Bridge on Sunday, May 2. I have heard so much about the sealife there that I am trying to do that dive. Business brings me to Ft Lauderdale every year about this time until 2012. I plan on boat diving on April 30 someplace, suggestions gladly welcomed. I have an all day meeting on Saturday, May 1.

Thanks for your suggestions in advance!

Lindy

I am not sure if I will be diving the bridge or not that day.... but here are a couple of boats that operate in the general area or not too far away from Ft. Lauderdale:

Pompano Dive Center
https://securec7.ezhostingserver.com/diveboyntonbeach-com/indexs.cfm

I've been out with both Underwater Explorers (boynton beach) and Pompano dive center (pompano) and had good experiences. there is also good beach diving in Lauderdale by the Sea if marine conditions are decent

'Zackly. I hope the OP switches to an ocean venue! :wink:

Hopefully the bhb situation will be cleared up by May 2nd, when Beepbird will be traveling to Florida. I called the county park service and they said the swimming ban would be in effect through the weekend. For kicks and grins, I drove through the parking lot about an hour before today's high tide and there were a couple of divers suiting up. yuck

If things don't get better, then I'll be doing boat dives. My afternoon meetings will limit my diving to Friday, maybe Sunday, Monday morning and maybe Wednesday morning.

Lindy

Thanks for the info.

It now looks like I will be boat diving all day on Saturday. I have the opportunity to do BHB either Monday or Wednesday morning if conditions are good. Love to have a buddy.

Thanks,

Lindy

As fast as the water moves through there, it's hard for me to imagine that things could be that bad - especially if there is no obvious source for the problem, and if Peanut Island never gets a bad reading (according to the article). I wonder if the testers wander behind little diaper-wearers in the shallows and wait for an opportune time for taking their samples. :D

When I see how quickly the kicked-up silt dissipates when the current is running, it's hard to imagine that the sewage doesn't get diluted very quickly.

Any word on independent sampling going on these days?

Kevin

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom