Doctors Certificate requirement in Spain

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

peterbax

New
Reaction score
I am planning a weeks diving just north of Barcelona (L'Estartit) in July. I recall reading somewhere that it is a requirement to have a doctors certificate to dive in Spain - can anybody confirm this?
Also any advice on dive centers in the region would be appreciated!
thanks,

Peter.

I've read that even some dive ops in the U.S. require it--though I've dived with 5 and they didn't require it. I get one of those PADI forms now and just get my Dr. to fill it our yearly and keep a copy with me when travelling.

This wont answer the OP's question either, but I've now been required to have 2 dive physicals from 2 different entities. Its probably not a bad idea anyway.

I think you will get a better response to this question by placing it in the Western Europe travel section. You can find it by scrolling down to the Regional Travel area.

I will ask that your post be moved there so more knowledgeable people will be sure to see it.

EDIT: I forgot to welcome you to ScubaBoard! This is a huge site with lots of well-informed people. It takes a while to figure out where things are.

I am planning a weeks diving just north of Barcelona (L'Estartit) in July. I recall reading somewhere that it is a requirement to have a doctors certificate to dive in Spain - can anybody confirm this?
Also any advice on dive centers in the region would be appreciated!
thanks,

Peter.

They are very strict about the doctors certificate and it has to come from a dive doctor and you should make arrangments to make an appointment with one before you arrive with the dive center, also remember to bring your logbook. I am in Mallorca so I can't help you with the dive center but if you get stuck let me know and I will find some for you.

Not for diving in Spain, but I just had a diving specific physical this week. It's required to be a part of a program associated with the Flower Garden Banks NMS, in the Gulf of Mexico.

I just thought it was quite coincidental that this thread should pop up the day I got my clearance. Sure decreases any grumbling my shipmates might offer to know that in other places in the world things like this are required and are totally routine.

Not for diving in Spain, but I just had a diving specific physical this week. It's required to be a part of a program associated with the Flower Garden Banks NMS, in the Gulf of Mexico.

I just thought it was quite coincidental that this thread should pop up the day I got my clearance. Sure decreases any grumbling my shipmates might offer to know that in other places in the world things like this are required and are totally routine.

Spain requires a current annual dive physical from a dive doctor, they will not let you dive without one.

goonsquad:
Is this for private liability issues, or governmental BS?

I can't answer your question specifically, but I can say for certain that the requirement is BS...

Is this for private liability issues, or governmental BS?

Legislative BS we have a ****load of it to deal with over here and then we also have all the EU BS to really keep things interesting :( Fortunately we don't have the same BS liability issues that teh US has to deal with.

Back
Top Bottom