10Bar Panasonic LX3 Housing, Lenses & Acessories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

pacey999

Reaction score
Hi,

I have decided to sell my compact housing after only a few dives as I want to go all out into UW photography and get a full SLR setup. This is a fantastic little housign for a great camera. The LX3 produces stunning results which are crystal clear with great colour. The leica lens on this is super fast wide angle at f2.0.

The 10 bar housign is a solid aluminium contruction with easy access to all the camera control. Having used this after a Canon G10 in an Ikelite housign it is a great improvement, the aluminium housing creates no condensation on the lens which means you can shoot away all through the dive, even with flash without worrying about the lens fogging up. Each hosing is individually tested to 100m.

I also have an ultralite tray with a single handle, a 2 lens holder adapter to hold 2 lenses on the arms, a 10 bar wide angle lens and a 10 bar macro lens, both lenses also have neoprene cases.

Both lenses are great and I went through extensive tests compared to the Inon lenses and the 10Bar actually produced sharper corners than the Inon, I have test shots of these that I can provide showing the effect of the different lenses. The wide angle lens is produced especially for the LX3 and is as wide as the camera will go without vignette, the Inon UWL-100 lens causes strong vignette on this camera as the lens is very wide anyway (24-60mm).

Everything is in perfect, as new condition and I only used the setup for one diving holiday to the Philippines, I have lots of example photos taht I can send if reqested.

I paid the following for the equipment:
LX3 Housing - £640
Wide Angle Lens - £320 (Neoprene case £20)
Macro Lens - £140 (Neoprene case £20)
Lens holders - £80
Tray - £65

Total - £1285

I am willing to part with all of it for £1000.
I can deliver the setup in person anywhere in South England, or to New York or Florida as I will be going there on holiday soon.
Please PM or email me if you have any question (PM me for my email address).

Regards,
Mark

Hi Tom,

I dont have pictures of the kit with me as I'm currently working offshore, but I'll upload some photos taken by the camera tonight and put some of the housing etc on here when I get home in a week or so.

You can see photos of the housing at:
Cameras Underwater Store

And there is a review of the camera in issue 48 of Underwater Photography web magazine

There are lots of reviews on scubaboard and many people are using this setup with great success.

Regards,
Mark

Heres some photos taken with the camera, this was the first time I used it so I hadnt got used to all the settings yet.

The photo of divers shows me with the camera on the right.

I'll upload closeup photos of the kit when I return home.

Attachments

• P1040041.jpg
    P1040041.jpg
    404.9 KB · Views: 40
  • P1040193.jpg
    P1040193.jpg
    436.9 KB · Views: 48
  • P1040219.jpg
    P1040219.jpg
    400.9 KB · Views: 42
  • P1040328.jpg
    P1040328.jpg