Uwatec Smart Z issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idivethere4iam

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Decided to get some pool time today. Got all set up and went to check the smart z for air pressure and there was nothing showing. Brought the comuter near the trasmitter and pressure came on.

Jumped in and start descent look at computer and no pressure shown on computer. Surfaced looked all the other setting and everything appers to be fine. Take BC off and bring cumputer and trasmitter back close together and get a pressure reading.

Went back down only to have the same thing happen. So I reached back over my head and brought computer and trasmitter close again and pressure was shown....

This happened a the entire dive.

I would notice that 30 seconds after I would get a reading I would get the no trasmitter signal on the computer 40 seconds after that it would go blank (just pressure). Reach back get a signal, wash, rinse repeat....

Now this has never happend before and has always been very reliable.

I thought maybe pair issue but from what the manual says I would get an error if it were not paired correctly, and im sure I wouldnt get a signal at all If not paired..

I know that the pool I was in has 48 grounding rods and we did have some lightning this afternoon befoe my pool sesion.

I wonder if maybe the grounding rods were somehome effecting the coms between pc and tx?

Any ideas?

Steve

Well darn!

Wanted to follow up incase anyone else has issues with loosing TX signal 3-45 seconds after pairing on the smart Z.

I Replaced the TX battery as suggested and made sure the device itself had juice (92% battery). Repaired device to unit and still the same issue. I Gave in quick and went ahead and sent it to Scubapro/uwatec for them to mess with it....I hate a unit I cant get in and mess with, but then again its my life :D.

Bad part is I will be without a dive pc until May 25th...ugggg

Guess I need to start looking for a cheep back up? Anyone know of a cheap all in one?

Thanks
Steve

Took the smartZ to LDS and they sent it back to Scubapro. ScubePro said I had bad TX in the computer. It was going to be 120$ to replace it unless I could show them a receipt of when I bought it.

It fell within a year of me buying it so it wa a free repair.

When I got the box back from ScubaPro (shipped back to LDS) I opened it and low and behold a brand spankin new Dive PC with only submersion test on it as far as dives. They said it was cheaper to give me a new one rather than repair it.

Scubapro is good to their customers when the customers are good to their LDS and keep their stuff in warranty

Back
Top Bottom