looking to plan a red sea trip, I need recommends please...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ocean.mirage

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
If any of you have time to make some recommendations. I am looking to go to the red sea over christmas for 2 weeks. I have no Idea where to start... so I am asking for tips. I think this trip I would like to stay at a all inclusive resort, something pretty nice with a good pool, id also like to be on the beach with good snorkeling... As I might take my kite board with me. It also has to be wheel chair accessible for my one friend thats coming.

Now I have no idea what better to go to Saudi Arabia or Egypt. I hear Egypt gets really busy and there are too many boats some times.

As for the diving, I really want to dive with big sharks, I mean I would love to get cozy with some hammers and tigers. I also love coral life and manta's. I am looking to do at least 4 dives a day and if the resort is a dive resort even better.

So..... any recommends?

All this in one place? :)

For kite surfing you better find a place with some good wind. Dahab is one of the best places for surfing.

Wheel chair accessible then normally you have to stick to 4* or better resorts.

I'm not sure Saudi Arabia will have what you're looking for.

Big sharks and stuff then head south towards Marsa Alam. 4 dives a day is too much, unless you're diving on a house reef.

All in all, I think a resort in Marsa Alam would be best for you. Not sure about the kite thing and the wheel chair though. The main drawback is that there's nothing else to do (no city life I mean).

Well, if it weren't for the wheelchair, I'd say do a liveaboard. We did a week on the MV Tala last October, and I simply can't say enough good things about the experience. The boat is comfortable, although not posh, and the food was plentiful and good. But most importantly, the crew (who quickly came to feel much more like friends who were hosting us than crew) works tirelessly to help you extract the greatest conceivable amount of fun from each and every dive, and every day. Whether your joy is shallow reefs, photography, scooters, or technical diving (or some combination of the above), they work it out and see you get it done, accompanied by lots of laughter and good fellowship.

I wish I could go back . . .

4* plus is what I want, I'd rather stay at a 5 star. why is 4 dives a day too much? I prefer to do more if I can. If I am gonna fly across the world to dive, I want to get a lot of dives in, as long as I don't deco, I am happy. lol. I dont need waves for kite boarding, just wind.
4 dives a day is too much because:
1. It takes time to reach the dive sites.
2. In December the daylight is short.

Who mentioned waves for your kite? :)

RedSeaShadow is correct.

For big animals south is best, but there isn't much to do in these places outside of the actual hotels/resorts.

Best way to do these places is liveabord, especially if you are looking for 3+ dives a day. But it doesn't sound like that would work for your friend in the wheelchair.

I think you're going to have to prioritise here as you're not going to get everything you want at the same location unfortunately. However, again, I'd agree with RedSeaShadow - Marsa Alam has nice resorts, great diving and if you go to Elphinstone (accessible by day boat from Marsa) you'll hopefully see some big stuff. There were Oceanic White Tips when I was there last year and I believe Tigers a couple of weeks after I departed.

Have no idea what it's like for kite surfing though.

J

you mentioned surfing... anyways I did not ask at any point what anyone thought was a reasonable amount of diving. I only was looking for recommendations for places to stay. So if anyone wants to help out, thank you for that.
Here in Egypt it's called kite surfing.

You mentioned you want at least 4 dives per day. That's why the "reasonable" amount of diving was brought to the discussion. And by the way it's not the reasonable amount. It's what all operators do.

If you want ONLY specific answers then ask ONLY specific questions without telling stories.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom