Oceanic VT-3 elevation probs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Exssdru

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a vt-3, this will be the start of the 3rd summer of diving with it. Untill now, all of my 100+ dives have been at altitude in fresh water (Montana). I recently moved to Kailua Kona, Hawaii, and now I am having problems. My vt-3 flashes "el-2" instead of "sea" indicating that the pdc thinks I am at altitude. On top of that, when I get about 20 feet down, the pdc then ends the dive, and starts my surface interval. It will eventually switch back to saying I am under water, but give me a depth of 7 or 8 feet when I know I am still around 30 feet down. Then when I do surface, it will say I am still diving, at about 7 feet and not start my surface interval. I have installed new batteries, but still the same. Any advice?

I just took the new battery out, let it sit without a battery in it at all for about an hour, then put an all new battery in again while I was at sea level. Now it says el 5, I dove with it down to 30 feet, sat in one place for about 5 mins and watched the depth guage. It would go back and forth from 15 to 20 feet (giving me an allarm that I was ascending too fast) while I was staying completely still.

I would soak it in warm water and 25 % vinger for 15 min. If that does not fix it it time for the service.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom