Dive Jobs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vidiotic

Registered
Reaction score
Was just wondeirng what the employement situation is like at the moment. I understand there is issues around foreigners getting visa's. Is there many dive positions open for Divemasters/Instructors/Videogrpahers?

Not that I am seriously looking but you never know what is round the corner.

There are always jobs available. Visas are not a problem but work permits are required now. The process is mildly annoying but you can still legally work (sort of) whilst the application is in process.

The most important thing to have on your CV if you want to work over here is languages. Fluency in English/German/Russian/Italian plus a second language will go a very long way indeed.

Hope that helps

Cheers

C.

Interesting. I'm not an instructor yet. Probebly in a few years when i can get everything from Rescue and up completed. I speak Enlish and Italian. Is employment in the Red Sea area as a dive instructor all that it's cracked up to be? Ok wages, boarding, health ins., etc, etc?

By the way, what is the mean age level that most instructors highered? I'll be about 42-43 by then? seems most places i've been they are all less than 30. ???

Work permit for foreigners has to really be through a centre so not that easy to get. However despite the new system its working out as predicted - CDWS are doing absolutely nothing to police the sites or centres so no permits are being checked therefore lots of people without them carrying on as before. It seems to be exactly as expected - a big waste of money and a toothless, weak and worthless "enforcement" body.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom