off shore diving in fort myers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ofl0926

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
hey whats up everyone. i am planning a trip with the little lady to fort myers/naples area and we were thinking of doing some off the shore diving. we would love to do some boat dives but money is kinda tight. any good spots to dive in this area. we will be staying on the west coast of florida. look forward to what everyone has to say. thanks

oscar

About a year ago, a local paper - I don't recall whether it was the Ft Myers paper, or the St Petersburgh Times (not really "local" but I do remember my mother sending me the article and that's where she lives) did a story about the many dive locations there. May even be on the board; you could do a search.

While we live in Miami, and do most of our diving here, in Jupiter, Boynton, and the Keys, I have done some in the area you are posting about.

With the exception of shark tooth diving in the Venice area, you need a boat - sites tend to be further offshore in the gulf (so a longer boat ride can = higher cost charters), the water during the winter cooler, and viz overall is better in the Atlantic.

Still there are some good sites; but I still prefer our side of the state.

Naples and Ft Myers are beautiful places, and the beaches really nice; I just think we have better, easier diving over here.

I'm sure locals can recommend some good charters, or again, the search function can be your friend.

yeah i live in miami as well. we are just planning a weekend away to get away from the life in miami and just to relax

About a year ago, a local paper - I don't recall whether it was the Ft Myers paper, or the St Petersburgh Times (not really "local" but I do remember my mother sending me the article and that's where she lives) did a story about the many dive locations there. May even be on the board; you could do a search.

While we live in Miami, and do most of our diving here, in Jupiter, Boynton, and the Keys, I have done some in the area you are posting about.

With the exception of shark tooth diving in the Venice area, you need a boat - sites tend to be further offshore in the gulf (so a longer boat ride can = higher cost charters), the water during the winter cooler, and viz overall is better in the Atlantic.

Still there are some good sites; but I still prefer our side of the state.

Naples and Ft Myers are beautiful places, and the beaches really nice; I just think we have better, easier diving over here.

I'm sure locals can recommend some good charters, or again, the search function can be your friend.

can you inform me of some places in jupiter and boyton beach. those places are away from miami so we could just stay up there since i have heard a lot of good stuff about the diving there

Give Brent a call. He runs Deans Dive Center in Ft. Myers. He will set you up with whatever you need. Tell him Ivan from MN sent you. (239) 489-0500

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom