Fins for Small Feet - Women's?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jax

Deplorable American
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I tried the search function, but "fins" brings up just about every post on the board!

I seem to understand the following are the favorites among fins:

ScubaPro Jet Fins
Hollis F-1
OMs Slipstream
Dive Rite

However, when one goes 'shopping', the smallest size found is a women's 8-9, at least in the common purchase locations like Leisure Pro or ScubaToys.

What fins are available for Women's 7, or Men's 5?

I tried the search function, but "fins" brings up just about every post on the board!

ScubaPro Jet Fins
Hollis F-1
OMs Slipstream
Dive Rite

However, when one goes 'shopping', the smallest size found is a women's 8-9, at least in the common purchase locations like Leisure Pro or ScubaToys.

Jax, call Dave or Bev at Indian Valley scuba, and tell trhem waht you need for size and i am sure they will take care of it for you.Aree you diving wet or dry?

Jax, call Dave or Bev at Indian Valley scuba, and tell trhem waht you need for size and i am sure they will take care of it for you.Aree you diving wet or dry?

Not dry yet. :(

My Bare booties say size 6 -- Men's size 6, I think.

Not dry yet. :(

My Bare booties say size 6 -- Men's size 6, I think.

Hi Jax, are the boots thick or thin sole? I switched to the tilos platinum, mainly for Bonaire diving, becuase the coral is rough, and will tear up the thin sole boots and your feet:shocked2:That tilos boot gives you a secure fit and feel, and will make the fins which ever ones you choose to use, fit snugly.

Jax, I have small feet, wear a women's size 6/6.5. I'm diving with ScubaPro Twin Jets, in a size Small, and DeepSea booties in a size 5 (mens size, I presume). While the fins fit perfectly, my biggest challenge was finding a pair of high-top (winter) booties that would fit the fins. Most have the outer soles so built up that I couldn't get them into the foot pockets. I learned that while shopping around around for the booties, to always taking a fin into the shop with me.

IMG00163-20100428-0923.jpg

Thanks, Joyce;

I'm hoping to stick to paddles . . . . But there is a pretty cool looking TwinJet out there! :wink:

I use ScubaPro Jet fins. I have women's size 7 feet. When I dive wet, I use mediums with small spring straps and they work fine. If I bought some heavy wet suit boots like some of the SeaSoft ones, I could probably use my Larges when diving wet, because with my TurboSoles (which are really glorified wetsuit booties) and three layers of socks, the Larges are perfect.

My first set of mediums was given to me by Dive-aholic, and I think I bought my spares on e-bay or off one of the dive forums. But I would imagine that any store that sells SP could order them in that size, although there might be a wait for them. The easiest answer might be to go to heavier wetsuit boots.

ForceFin in medium possibly ML depends on the bootie

and that list you came up with for favorites, are hardly favorites. They are very popular on this site, but when you actually go diving, those fins are about as common as ForceFins. There are so many fins out there that perform good enough that no one fin has a predominant position of market share.

ScubaPro Jet Fins
Hollis F-1
OMs Slipstream
Dive Rite

Jax: Fin choice is a topic always hotly debated. You could spend days on this site hearing different divers opinions. If you are set on a paddle style fin your list is pretty good and the comments you have received are also good feedback.

If you are open to other designs we size our bio-fins down to Ladies-XS (5-6) and SM (7-9)-the actual fit will depend on the boot you choose. The bio-fin foot pocket is soft natural rubber oval shaped. More info @ www.diveapollo.com

A proper fitting mask and a well chosen fin will make a big difference in your comfort and enjoyment.

Good luck in your quest.

I wear size 8 women's shoes and fit perfectly into a large Scubapro Jetfin (their sizes are pretty funky) with an InstaDry bootie. The medium was too tight: I could fit only half my foot into the foot pocket. If you're a size 7, a Jetfin M or L might be a good starting point.

I've tried Regular-sized Hollis F1's, but they were a touch too big - surprisingly - so I saw no point in even trying them out in the pool. Pity, as they're lovely fins.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom