Pink Duct Tape

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oldflounder

Contributor
Reaction score
New Hampshire/Maine seacoast or Lake Winnie
# of dives
200 - 499
I use black jetfins. I have 2 pairs of them and some dark blue Aqualungs. I have noticed that the fin color makes a big difference when you're trying to follow a buddy underwater in very poor viz. Last summer I was behind a lady in pink fins. It was surprising how they stood out in the gloom. The pink seemed to burn through the viz. Now I'm tempted with the thought of buying some but I don't think I have the guts to wear them. I notice Duct is now making colored duct tapes. They have a snow white and a flaming pink. I'm thinking of taping some alternating white and pink strips to the bottom of my fins so my buddies can see me better. Has anyone else tried this who can tell me if it's worth the aggravation/excuses to my buddies??? Does the tape last for a while or are you frequently changing it? I tried a search but I couldn't find anything on this subject.

One of my buddies has pink Jets. My instructor wears pink Force Fins and has pink webbing on his harness.

Last edited:
White is much easier to see. You may also try reflective tape.

Not tried, but duct tape holds up well in salt water. Can also use strips of electrical tape, which comes in a variety of colors. There is also metallic duct tape, sure to attract attention of other divers, but maybe sharks and such also,

Not sure why the color matters- just duct tape their ankles together and you shouldn't have any trouble keeping track of them after that.

:D

There is also metallic duct tape, sure to attract attention of other divers, but maybe sharks and such also,

Not as long as you don't pee in your wetsuit!

:rofl3:

Pink is a gorgeous fashion statement but will disappear with depth. Cut yourself down there and it looks like you're bleeding sump oil. Make your picture into stickers. Gaffer tape. Byee. Carson.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom