Help me choose: Vyper vs. Geo vs. N2ition vs. Nemo

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

elemeno123

Registered
Reaction score
Yet another "help me choose" post:

My old computer just bit the dust and I'm looking to upgrade to a wrist unit. I've been doing a bit of research and I've narrowed it down to a few choices, but now I'm stuck. I'm not going to be doing any really technical diving so I don't need anything really fancy, but I would like the following features:

-Nitrox and gauge mode
-Visual ascent rate indicator (of some sort)
-Backlighting
-User replaceable battery
-Not too big (I'm not planning on wearing it as a watch, but I am a very small person and don't want it to be twice the size of my arm)

So, basically, I'm debating between:

1) Oceanic Geo 2
2) Zeagle N2ition
3) Suunto Vyper 2
4) Mares Nemo

They're all about the same price, so no determining factor there.

Can anyone give me any advice or have any experiences with these? I need to buy it in the next day or two before I leave on a research trip and there's no good LDS nearby.

Thanks!

Aladdin prime its better than the 4
I use the smart com but you don't want the bigger computer and you do want the user changable bat. Scuba pro

I used a Nemo Wide for several dives in St Croix two weeks ago. It was a rental and very easy to use, with large letter. However bigger than what you looking for. I liked it a lot. I would buy one if I hadn't already bought a SP Tec2g, which I locked up on the first dive because I left it in gauge mode. Oh well lesson learned.

Son uses an N2Ition. Only 2 gas but nice little unit. Thinking about getting another for backup to my Nitek 3.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom