Mares Puck Wrist Dive Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hendrew

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good day Divers

Can anyone please give me the dimensions of the Mares Puck/Wrist please, and what problems it has, or is it a good computer? I cannot find one in my area, and don't know of any one using it, I have been recommended to get the Aladdin one, but that does not have all the features of the Mares one, any advice would be appreciated

Thanks

I use the Mares Puck Wrist and like it a lot. The single-button navigation takes a while to get used to, but it's great. The display is big and easy to read. Dimensions? I don't have it with me as I write this, but it's somewhere around 2.5" in diameter, I'd say (BIG).

Here's a related post

Big photo on LeisurePro

Be sure you get one where you can change the battery yourself and attempt to do it in the store. I have bought some that took an act of Congress to get into and then reassembly was impossible.

Measured with my calipers the puck is 65mm in diameter and 26mm high, so that 2.5 inch guess was right on. The strap is 26mm wide. There is no chance it will be mistaken for a wristwatch.

I've used mine on about 25 dives now, both air and nitrox, and found it to be very easy to use. Since it has only one button you scroll through menus by pressing the button, and select functions by holding the button down.

The only gripe I have is that because it has only one button it's not possible to scroll backwards, so when looking for a dive in the logbook (or choosing a nitrox %) if you go past the one that you were looking for you have to go all the way to the end/back through all of the choices.

That said, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

Regarding the battery, it is user replaceable behind a "coin slot" twist off plug. Haven't tried to open it but should be very easy.

Thank you all for your input and advice, I did some further research about the product and cannot find anything wrong with it, so I think I will go with this computer thanks

Probably the best easy to use no frills computer out there. It can do pretty much everything a rec diver needs including enriched air and couldn't be easier to use. Won't win any feature awards but it is build well, user replaceable standard battery, comes with a scratch cover, about as cheap as it gets and is very easy to convert to a bungee mount system.

I would like to know how you bungee the puck. I am tired of the wrist strap and would like to bungee. I would like it to go over dryglove rings

Anything new on these? How's battery life?

I have about 95 dives on mine so far without changing the battery. I don't know if that's good or not. I still really like this computer.

I would like to know how you bungee the puck. I am tired of the wrist strap and would like to bungee. I would like it to go over dryglove rings

I've had the strap off with no problem. The boot is a little daunting (I didn't try). Unless you have a bungee boot that you KNOW is going to be compatible (in which case you could cut the factory boot off, I suppose), I'd consider modifying the factory boot to accommodate the bungees. Perhaps you could widen the existing holes that the pins go through.

If you do this, please post your solution. I'd love to see how it might be done.

Had My Puck for about 2 years. It was a warranty replacement when my M2 died. So great customer service. Original battery is still good but I've only got 25 or 30 dives on it. It sits in my closet between dive trips. Single button is fine except when navigating the dive log. (no backing up is a pain) But the other menus are short enough that if you pass by a setting it loops back pretty fast.

I'm curious about the bungee mount too. Took the straps off and replaced the pins. Tried to use cable ties to attach bungees to the pins but was not happy with the results. The ties snagged my rash-guard and could scratch skin if not careful. I also felt the pins were not secure and could loosen and fall out. Never dove it. just replaced the straps.

The case does not appear to be easily removable. So I don't see how it would fit into a bungee mount.

Back
Top Bottom