P90x

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

EAN

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have heard a few people talk about the P90X program, but I just wanted to see how many of you out there are using it.

I know they do the supplements and other things they sell, but I don't plan on purchasing those. I will just stick with the workout and continue the diet I'm already on. Now that I'm eating better, I'm feeling better. I currently do 30 minute treadmill and elliptical workouts combined with a few other routines.

If you are on this program, then please let us know how it is working for you.

Thanks,
EAN

I don't use it, but a few of my friends have had great success with it. This is, of course, compared to what their old plan was -- sitting on their butts :)

From what I can see, it's pretty good and effective at making you work hard, changing up your routines, etc. Let us know how it goes!

Its a great circuit workout. It will kick your butt and the recipe book it comes with is actually not bad, its a good healthy diet and not a starvation style regimen.

i'm currently in phase 2 and am happy with the results. i performed in my other sports (mountaineering, running and cycling) better that what i did before.

since you're into diving, you'll notice a difference in strength, stamina, and endurance. try it :) do your best and forget the rest :wink:

I'm on a program now (Men's fitness year long workout) that is doing wonders for me The Yearlong Workout - Men's Fitness . I thought about P90X but I didn't think I was in good enough condition to get the max out of it and my house realy isn't set up for a home workout, so I went with the program I'm doing and it's been remarkable. I have 6 months left on it and I am now looking at what to do next (one thing I've found is that I am much better with a defined program that changes often enough to keep me motivated).

Good program if you stay committed.

I use it, but this couldnt be put in any better words. Nomatter how much exercise you do, you also need to eat healthy, and P90X does a great job at keeping you on track in that regard. The varied workouts really help versus doing the same thing everyday.

If your looking to stay in good shape overall, or possibly cut down on alot of fat, I would say run if your able to. And by run, I mean a minimum of 4-6 miles of 100% running. It might sound like alot, but cardio in any form is the best way to stay healthy, and once you get a leaner form, you can work on building muscle which on average burns an extra 50 calories a day per lb of muscle, so it really helps keep you in shape once you get in shape.

P90X is good at building that mass, but I found a good, long, hard run to be more effective than even the "P90X lean" program. Get to your target weight, then starts the "classic" program if you want the best results.

I've done it intermittanly, as time permits (obviously, not the best way to tackle and exercise program). When I was using it regularly, I saw noticeable results in my lean body mass and cardiovascular endurance.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom