Which computer should I buy?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, if you have an old computer to trade in, the Oceanic might be a better deal.

They are essentially identical, except the look, so if you like Aeris, by all means go Aeris.

Their price, just so you know, is MAP, so there are lots of places that sell them for that price.

I ended up going with the Aeris. I like the layout a little better, even though it doesn't have the little Air Time Remaining number on the left side, but that's in 10min increments anyways.

Leisurepro made me a pretty good deal on sending my defective Uwatec Smart TEC back.

I do have my Oceanic Veo 100 NX Nav though I need to sell now once this comes in. Figured trade in wouldn't be much.

I think it is a typo for MSP - Manufacturer's Suggested Pricing.

MAP = minimum advertised price. What the mfg will allow anyone to show as a price, before they will pull your dealership. They can be sold for less, just not advertised for less.

When you see 20 places all with exactly the same price, you are seeing MAP, and that means to get a lower price, you have to have someone give you a non-advertised discount.

Never been sure why that was and is legal to do, but it sucks.

Pardon me for jumping in, but I have a nice T3 for sale used if you are interested in saving some money.

I would prefer a newer PDC like the Atom2, giving you same features

Actually, the T3 and VT3 are both current, full-sized models, while the Atom 2.0 is a current watch-sized model, soon to be replaced by the Atom 3.0.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom