Surface swim-able shipwrecks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wetsuit 4 life

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Good afternoon,

I get to come home this summer so I'am looking for any shipwrecks that I can surface swim too. Mostly around Halifax area but any part of Nova Scotia would do.

Thanks
Dave

several around chebucto head. check at local dive shops. lets see if i can remember the names ... letitia [hospital ship] and an ammo carrier, cant remember the name. it has been years since I 've been there

Tribune is another one.. though, it and the Letitia have a fair bit of a hike to reach them.

It has been a few years now so I'm not sure of the surface access anymore, but I have done shore dives to the Hulda (out near Peggy's Cove) and the Perry and Illsworth near Chebucto head, plus the letita and Tribune. The CostaRican Trader, but I think the shore access is blocked now

A.W. Perry and the Isleworth are the ones off Chebucto Head. Isleworth is one of my favourite wrecks, anywhere, and my all time favourite shore dive.

As the name implies I'm a new diver, and am going to be in Nova Scotia this summer visiting family and friends. I'll be looking to log a couple 'beginner' dives, preferably on wrecks that can be shore dives.

If anyone is interested let me know, I'm around July 12-15...

several around chebucto head. check at local dive shops. lets see if i can remember the names ... letitia [hospital ship] and an ammo carrier, cant remember the name. it has been years since I 've been there

The ammo carrier you're thinking of is probably the Clare Lilly, and while it is close enough to shore to be swimmable, I don't think there is any shore access.

Hi guy's thanks alot for all the information
Hope everyone has a good summer

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom