To all my Florida Dive Buddies - Renee's life has changed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ReneeC

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have missed all my buddies and there are so many of you! So I did not know how to pass on news of big changes in my life. In January my son, Winslow, passed away at 35 from complications of diabetes and epilepsy. I had been caring for him and hoped that he would get better but .... He left behind a ten-year-old son who's mother had died when he was just a baby. So I am now a mother myself again although a messy and un-nessessary custody battle is mucking up my waters.

I had hoped to be diving with you all many times but the new responsibilities are keeping me here in South Carolina. I know you would have wanted to know what was going on with me but just was not ready to share publicly until now.

Just sitting here, late at night, reading about all your adventures. I miss you all and ask that you do a little dive for me somewhere on one of South Florida's beautiful reefs.

I guess I have been gone longer than I thought!

Best wishes that the custody battle ends soon and amicably. Hopefully you will be able to introduce your grandson to diving and have a new buddy.

Kudos for reaching out. Happy returns to the water soon.

TwoBit

Renee, I just now saw this...I'm so sorry to learn that you lost your son, and that now you are in this awful legal battle. I think of you when going beach diving and wondered how you were doing. You're in my prayers. :hugs:

Rene, I'm sorry to hear this. You and your family will be in my prayers.

I am sorry for the loss of your son and his wife Renee. Hopefully the custody battle will in the end be short lived and side with you so that you and your grandson can begin your life together. As difficult as this is, you will form a bond with your grandson that would otherwise be impossible and your son will live on in him.

Renee, I just now saw this...I'm so sorry to learn that you lost your son, and that now you are in this awful legal battle. I think of you when going beach diving and wondered how you were doing. You're in my prayers. :hugs:

Miss diving with you girl! I often lurk around the Conch forums and harbour jealous thoughts of all the great diving you are doing! Hopefully I will be down your way sometime this summer.

I am sorry for the loss of your son and his wife Renee. Hopefully the custody battle will in the end be short lived and side with you so that you and your grandson can begin your life together. As difficult as this is, you will form a bond with your grandson that would otherwise be impossible and your son will live on in him.

We are already very bonded and that is why I get to be quite the tiger when someone tries to take him away from me! I'm hoping that next year he will become my best dive buddy!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom