Need info on Antique Computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes..

LOL

I haven't seen one of those in decades. That's an early dive computer. Back in the day they called it the "bend-o-matic"

It's totally useless as dive gear but definitely a nice piece to have on the hearth.

R..

Just looking at the picture, This wasn't what I expected to see.... I bet this can't be submerged. The scubapro one was submersible. My bet is that this is a non-submersible prototype. If I'm right, then you're looking at the primal-mother of all dive computers.

R..

I bet this can't be submerged. The scubapro one was submersible. My bet is that this is a non-submersible prototype. If I'm right, then you're looking at the primal-mother of all dive computers.

R..
The auction says it comes with wrist straps and a chest strap, so it seems it was submersible. It might just be the ENIAC of dive computers.

Thanks, ickybingh, great find--I'm going to bid this thing as high as it takes to get it. :wink:

I read that too, but i have my doubts. The 8 phillips screws and 4 slotted screws holding the hand-turned dials on the unit and sticking out of the housing are a bit of a red-alert on the "submersible" thing.....

The patent picture shows a picture of a diver wearing it on his chest but that does not provide proof that it was used like this. Only that it was patented as such.

My gut feeling is still that it's the bend-o-matic prototype.

Icky, maybe someone at scubapro can help you with identifying it. In any case, functional or not, I think for the price they're asking it's a piece of scuba history that's worth grabbing even if it's worth nothing and on a gamble I'd say it's potentially a one-of-a-kind collectors item.

R..

Back
Top Bottom