Exo-26???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi... I am trying to figure out some questians I have about the EXO-26. I am 13 so it would be dumb to get it now. But I am saving so when I am 15 I can have my AOW Dry suit and FFM training. Here are some questians I need awnsweird.

1. are your ears inside the mask so you don't have to equalize.

2. Is this a good mask for a Teck diver?

3.What are the ups and downs about this mask

Thanks for your help:)

1. are your ears inside the mask so you don't have to equalize.

No they are not inside the mask, if they were inside the mask (like a full helmet) you would still have the pressure change. The air your breathing is compressed with increasing depth (Boyle's law) so even though you are not wet you still equalize.

2. Is this a good mask for a Teck diver?

You may want to take the training first and try to take it somewere that will allow you to try a couple different styles of mask, get what your comfortable wiht and make sure it meets your intended style of diving.

You may want to look into the Kirby Morgan M-48 for TEC diving as the pod system allows for different styles apparatus to be installed at different times.

3.What are the ups and downs about this mask

Down:

It will fog without some type of coating insode and even then will most likely fog during the dive.

A bit heavy compared to other full-face masks

Ups:

Easy to switch out communications

Great (in my opinion one of the best) regulators on the market for adjustability.

Sturdy unit, hard to damage

Decent price and wide availability of service and support

easy to clear after flooding (oral nasal pocket allows you to breathe even if the rest of the mask is flooded)

Jeff Lane

Jeff gave you some good input. Only thing I would want to add would be related to your age. Depending on what size you are now and growth over the next two years, you may have a problem due to the EXO as well as other Full Face units being too large.

On the plus side, there are masks that have sizes or adjustment inserts to accomodate divers with a smaller face. Size of face doesnt really depend on height and as an example, a friend of mine who is 47 and 6'4" tall has to use an AGA face insert to get his mask to fit well since he has a narrow face. I know Poseidon has a size for small size Atmosphere mask which I believe Jeff just bought.

Bob,

Nice picture of you in a Desco Pot on your profile.

Desco Pot
Yah, I used to spend more time in that critter than I did in my hotel room. The critters can sure take a lot of abuse & still keep on humming. I saw one [not mine, thank goodness] roll down a big hill & across a highway, all it needed was a new valve stem.

I remember those days,,the Pot was the most bulletproof helmet there was. Perfect for jetting work and diving in the muck.

My favorite air hat was the AH3 which I guess is now the AH5.

I did not even think of that...

Although I seem to find the EXO fitting a wider variety of folks with that thin and wide seal.

You may want to try the Atmosphere, I did just get one and am very impressed with it so far.

I am looking into getting a great little addition from these folks right now, they have a 360 degree swivel that converts the Posiedon fitting to a conventional second stage fitting so if you (in my case it seems when I!!) forget the hose for the mask you can use a normal second stage hose... They have 180 degree gas switching block also that I am anxious to take a look at.

http://www.oxycheq.com/el_cheapo_II.html

Bob and TX, you guys and your damn free flow hats!!! You must think air is free or something!!

although I am with you on the visibility of the Aquadyne, I got MK-12 in dive school and I don't see how anyone could be clausterphobic in one of those rigs...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom