Pro Ear Masks?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

i have.
i also have equalizing problems and i gave this a try. they do help but you need to have your hairline cut a little above your ears so that the cusps have good skin to rubber contact.
i have since used docs pro plugs vented earplugs instead of these and they do a better job imho

I ordered it on the advice of a friend and got it pretty cheap. Should come in by Friday and ill dive it this weekend.

they will definitely help but just remember my tip regarding the hair.
also i think they made my u/w hearing a little more acute.

What is the mechanism used by Doc's Proplugs to help you clear your ears? In other words, if Doc's Proplugs work, how do they work? You still have to get gas through your Eustachian tube into (and out of) your middle ear to balance the external pressure. How does a Proplug help that process?

they are vented ear plugs.
they act like a semi-permeable barrier to water and pressure. water will still go thru them but becasue of the barrier, it goes thru them at a more gradual and easier to handle pressure/pace.
they wont totally protect your ears from ATM's like the pro ear masks but they do work for me.
i found the proear mask a little too cumbersome to use with the hair issue and all.

Has anyone ever tried these? Do they actually work? I have troubles equalizing occasionally after repetitive dives and was considering picking one up.

E.A.R. Inc. Online Store

My son wore out his first one and bought a second. For him the mask helps considerably. Noises will be much louder. Sounds like the speaker is turned up. As he has very short hair sealing has never been an issue.

I only can recommend them.
I had a lot of earproblems myself for many years until someone recommended the Pro Ear Mask to me. Their ear caps keep your ears dry, so there is only air and no water in your ears. That makes equalization much easier. I am using that mask for three years now and I am very satisfied. I can’t say I don’t have any problem since I use that mask, but problems are very rare since than.
Oceanic Europe - Innovation First | www.oceanic.de

I couldn't get a good fit on it and had leaks like crazy, Im going to go into the pool with it tomorrow to play with it. a lake wasn't the best place to first use a new mask

I found that I had to consciously push the mask up, against my nose, to decrease leakage.

However there is an alternative. The ear cup air tubes are attached through the mask's skirt, with a nut on a threaded tube, just above your eyes. I punched holes (make them a tight fit, undersized) through the mask skirt of one of my older masks. I now have a Pro-Ear/Sherwood hybrid mask.

Following are a couple of previous SB threads about Pro-Ear Masks:

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/315937-pro-ear-mask-earcup-transplant.html

http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/fins-masks-snorkels/289702-proear-diving-mask.html

Back
Top Bottom