OMS IQ Pack Butt Plate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

maxguru

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Anyone know of a butt plate that will work with an OMS IQ Pack Harness? The Dive Rite plate looked promising, but I believe it is too narrow. Any ideas?

Thanks,
max

Buttplate as in sidemount? For what it's worth..I dive a OMS and have attached a dive rite lift-bag pocket with no probs, holes to match. Bring your BP into a shop and see if it jives. Sure some more answers comming.

If you are talking Side-Mount, the Dive Rite Butt Plate should work.

BC2726-2T.jpg

Dive Rite Sidemount Butt Plate Assembly - Standard BC2726 *Buy Dive Rite at DIVESEEKERS.com 888-SCUBA-47

I have the Dive Rite butt plate attached to my IQ pack and use it for side mount. I've attached some pics (sorry about the quality, done from the cell phone too quickly). You can see what I did to make it work though.

I put 3 grommets on the bottom of the IQ (used a grommet kit from the local West Marine) and it seems to mate up quite well. The butt plate is attached with the assembly screws that ame with it. I also fashioned a piece of webbing into a holder for the tank neck bungies, you can see on the top of the pic. I did that so as to not use the 1 inch D rings, I attach a bag for my SMB to one side and a 6cu ft bottle for dry suit inflation to the other.

You can see what it looks like together with the nomad weight plate in the last image.

Attachments

• SideMountIQ3 (Small).jpg
    SideMountIQ3 (Small).jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 364
  • SideMountIQ2 (Small).jpg
    SideMountIQ2 (Small).jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 414
  • SideMountIQ1 (Small).jpg
    SideMountIQ1 (Small).jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 895
From the pictures, it looks like you didn't use the webbing loops on the Dive Rite butt plate at all?

How does it dive?

I didn't use the webbing loops, the three assembly screws make for a rock solid connection. I've had it out 4 times, so far so good.

Nice rig!

In the pictures it looks like in addition to DR buttplate, there is also a DSS tail plate (or something similar)?

May I ask what do you use it for? Is it free to slide up/down along the 2" webbing, or it is fixed in place?

My question too.

Those are Dive Rite offset D-Rings, and they are there for finger spools, reels, whatever. Basically, just another potential attachment point. They can be moved, but normally stay where you put them. I also mount an SMB above there. I dive this open water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom