Buying equipment (cylinder) Marsa Alam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

AndyT

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi

I am coming back to the Red Sea for my third visit in August - doing a liveaboard to Abu Nuhaus, Daedelus.

On my last visit I saw that they had 5.5 and 7l aluminium cylinders for sale in the shops in Dahab. We cannot get them over here, I need stage cylinders for my Trimix course when I get back here.

Are there any shops in Marsa Alam that stock them. If so any idea on pricing?
I will also be in Hughada for a short while if that is an option.

TIA

Hi

I am coming back to the Red Sea for my third visit in August - doing a liveaboard to Abu Nuhaus, Daedelus.

On my last visit I saw that they had 5.5 and 7l aluminium cylinders for sale in the shops in Dahab. We cannot get them over here, I need stage cylinders for my Trimix course when I get back here.

Are there any shops in Marsa Alam that stock them. If so any idea on pricing?
I will also be in Hughada for a short while if that is an option.

TIA
Abu Nuhas - Daedalus? Very long trip.

In Hurghada you can get 6-liter Al tanks from Coltri Sub shop. The price is the same as the regular 12-liter Al tanks. I'm not sure how much exactly it is now but it'll be in the range of 120 - 140 Euro including the valve.

As Asser said Abu Nuhas - Daedalus? I think you might have the itinerary or the names of the sites you'll visit slightly mixed up. Especially if you are departing from - and returning to - Marsa Alam Harbour where you can't get the coast guard permission for Daedalus. Either you have misunderstood the info you've got from the Operator where you booked your trip or the Operator is not following the law and sail on illegal papers.

Anyway... To the question... The tanks you are looking to get are available in several shops in Hurghada. If you have limited time and you don't know your way around (Hurghada is huge) the easiest place I would say is either Dive Stop in the new marina or Beyond Limits next to Burger King. Those are easy to find and have good service both.

In Marsa Alam there is, as far as I know, still only one dive shop. Normally lack of competition doesn't mean low prices plus the distance they have to transport the tanks there from Hurghada would also ad to the cost. My suggestion would be to take the time in Hurghada to get the tank there.

hope that helped
.......a.......

Ok - thanks all for the responses, very helpful.

As for the itenirary - sorry , it was late when I typed it up !

We are departing from Hurghada to Abu Nuhas then the Brothers (forgot about that !). We may try for Daedelus but may not have enough time. We will end in Marsa Alam though. Does that make more sense ?

We are departing from Hurghada to Abu Nuhas then the Brothers (forgot about that !). We may try for Daedelus but may not have enough time. We will end in Marsa Alam though. Does that make more sense ?
It's a bit weird for me.

Brothers is marine parks zone 1, while Daedalus is marine parks zone 2, which indicates two different fees. As far as I remember, those fees are to be paid in advance so you must know in advance which itinerary are you following.

Thanks Asser, perhaps Daedelus isn't on the schedule any more. I will be getting an updated one sometime soon, the important part of the trip for me is Brothers anyway.

Ok so you are landing in Hurghada and get onto the boat here then you will to "Best of Wrecks". This includes Abu Nuhas and Brothers. And yeah, Asser is right - Brothers Rocks!

Which boat are you on? Maybe I can help you out with this tank-shoping thing...

Anders

Hi Anders

We will be on Miss Nouran, one of the Sea Serpent fleet.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

I have been to Abu Nuhas twice before so I know what to expect there, but I am really looking forward to the Brothers !

Hi Anders

We will be on Miss Nouran, one of the Sea Serpent fleet.

Any help would be appreciated, many thanks.

I have been to Abu Nuhas twice before so I know what to expect there, but I am really looking forward to the Brothers !

Ok... Excellent... Then you'll be departing from the new marina and you can pop in to Dive Stop and get the cyliner. It's 2 minutes walk from your boat. I'll go in and talk to Sherif and check what he's got in store and get back to you when I know.

...a...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom