OMG What am I doing?!?!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kanonfodr

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well not two days after I make contact with one of the local DIR heavy hitters is he sponsoring a Fundies class to be instructed by Gordon Liew. I've taken a UTD Essentials course with Don C., but that was in December and I have not been able to keep up with some of the skills as well as I should have :(.

So ya, having read Fundies report after Fundies report (in some cases multiple times), I'm finally gonna take the great leap on June 3rd. Advice, anecdotes, and blackmail on the instructor would be much appreciated :wink:.

Peace,
Greg

Just relax and enjoy the experience. Fundies can be a lot of effort and long days, but advance "practice" is usually counterproductive. Just show up for class prepared to work hard.

My advice about the instructor ... call him Gideon ... :D

Have fun ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Some of my GUE friends in the Philippines were trained by Gideon Liew, who I believe is based out of Singapore.

They spoke very highly of him!! I'm sure it will be a fantastic experience!

Good luck with your class!!

Gideon has a great reputation, and he's a very soft-spoken man. I'm sure you'll have a great class.

Have fun! If you have any skills that are giving you issues right now, do NOT practice them! Wait till Gideon can help give you some advice.

Then make sure you have a great team to dive with in the future....it's huge to have a great group of people to dive with anytime!

You sound like you have a fun, open-minded attitude, so I expect you'll have a great class. Having gone through Essentials already, Fundies will give you a chance to polish up those skills and get some more practice under a very good instructor. Enjoy!

Have an open mind and enjoy the class. The foundational skills are the same, and getting additional feedback and strong critique will only make you a better diver and a better teammate. Have fun!

Echoing what others have posted, keep an open-mind cause you're in for a great class. I'm super excited for you and look forward to reading your class report.

Good luck and have fun!!!!!

Advice, anecdotes, and blackmail on the instructor would be much appreciated :wink:.

Peace,
Greg

In my experience with (one) GUE instructor ... they like baked goods. It may not help you in the water, but it's worth a try :D

Have a great class. Relax, enjoy, do the best you can without letting it frustrate you. In short ... Have FUN. It'll be great.

Henrik

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom