Calella in Costa Brava?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mandlebrot

Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone has dived at Calella in Costa Brava Spain and if so what was the diving like?

Can you recommend any particular spots/dives?

Did you dive with the Poseidon Nemrod Club whose web site is http://www.tauchwelt.de/html/hauptsgb.htm and if you did can you recommend them?

If you dived with a differen't dive centre, who were they and can you recommend them?

Cheers Ste

I can not inform you about Calella, but a little bit Noth 25 minutes by car, is L'Estartit, with a Natural Park that's call Medes Island, in this place fishissing is not permitit then is full of fish, with big groupers and nice gorgonias.
May be you want to see some photos about this divings then go to my web site www.oceansub.com , regarding a dive center you can see information in Rey del Mar www.reidelmar.com It is a very good one.

Regards from Spain.

gemma & Josep

:hi: :hi:

Wow you guys are making me home sick. I'm from that area of Girona, a little town (or used to be) called Lloret de Mar. I still have pictures of it when it was a small fishing town. Last time I visited my family there was in 1993 and did not dive, I think it's time to go back now because they have some awesome beach dives around that part of the Coast.

I am not familiar with Calella but I did some diving in:
- l'Estartit: according to Cousteau and myself the best diving in Europe. An UW park around the Medes islands houses large groupers and walls of large gorgonia's. Great visibility.
- Cadaques: very rocky coast, lots of scorpionfish and octopus (sometimes 7 or 8 on a single dive). Visibility varies.
- Cabo Creuz: in the bay under the lighthouse. Very difficult to get to the water (need to climb down the rocks). There are some UW caves here and in one of them we saw the largest octopus I have ever seen - about 20 feet from armtip to armtip (no nitrogen narcosis: I have 3 witnesses).
:snorkel:ScubaRon

When diving Spain, I'd recommend Cadaqués. BTW, Ron, the "cap de Creus" is Cadaqués.

Whatever Cousteau once may have said, Cadaqués is better than the Medes Isles: less divers, more fish and coral.

Check it out on :

www.up-down.net

Back
Top Bottom