south sinai visas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

buleetu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
hi all

was just looking through my ticket booklet and theres a mention of a free visa when i get to the airport in sharm, it says "on arrival you will receive a 14 day visa free of charge; this is adequate if you are not travelling outside the sinai peninsula or for those travelling to israel or jordan"

ive been to sharm loads of times now and im prepared to pay the 12 euros for it from the bank in the airport but wont pay the 35 us dollars they usually sting everyone with if i dont get the free one they say i get in the book,,, my question is this though

if im only going to ras mohammed and tiran will i need it??

if i wanna go to dahab on a 2 night stay will i need it??

if we decided to go to st cathrines monastery will i need it??

thanks guys

Get the $15 visa at the airport. The "free" one allows you sharm, dahab and thats about it. If you want to dive Ras Mohammed, Thistlegorm or even travel round its better with it and without. Ras Mo you MUST have it.

And its a pain to get one AFTER arrival (involving bribing officials at airport etc).

The visa is $15/85egp. You just buy it at the bank before going through immigration

thanks

the first time i went to sharm we were caught out by the reps herding us off the plane and into the terminal building shouting and waving this way to get ur visa,,do we really need one?? yes if u want to leave the airport u need one!! then it cost us 35 us dollars on the bus.

next trip i sussed out the bank and got it for the normal price

thanks again guys

Back
Top Bottom