A Second Dive Computer, Nemo Wide Or Puck ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

crea2k3

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I am looking for a second dive computer as at the moment we only have one between two and my girlfriend hates the tables. I currently have a Mares Puck and dont know if to get just another puck as they are a bargain and dead easy to use, or the Mares Nemo Wide has also caught my eye for slightly more money.

What does everyone think of the Nemo Wide compared to the Puck ?, by the way I am restricting myself to those two as I have the Iris USB Interface for the puck and really dont want to shell out more money for another expensive usb interface, so it would be good to use the one I have between the two.

We have both been diving a year and a half, so not into anything too crazy yet.

I am looking for a second dive computer as at the moment we only have one between two and my girlfriend hates the tables. I currently have a Mares Puck and dont know if to get just another puck as they are a bargain and dead easy to use, or the Mares Nemo Wide has also caught my eye for slightly more money.

What does everyone think of the Nemo Wide compared to the Puck ?, by the way I am restricting myself to those two as I have the Iris USB Interface for the puck and really dont want to shell out more money for another expensive usb interface, so it would be good to use the one I have between the two.

We have both been diving a year and a half, so not into anything too crazy yet.

IMO, buy the best you can so you can 'grow' into it.

Is the nemo wide any better than the puck though, I know its more expensive and has a bigger screen but as for functions etc.... ?

How about doing some more research in all the different offerings?

First question - what is the purpose? Sounds like a 'first computer' for someone.

What's your budget?

Then read the computer threads and find what is in your budget, then decide if what you find meets your goals now, and in the future.

As for functions, I recommend a table, with the models on the left side, and functions at the top. That will give you an idea for comparison.

It's a lot of money, so take your time.

I think you need the DRAK interface to download the Nemo Wide. I use the Wide and am in a similar situation. I am looking for a back up computer now. I am restricted to computers that use the DRAK so I don't have to buy another interface or load more software onto my computer.
I like the Wide a lot. It's easy to use, and really easy to see underwater. The Puck seems like it may be too simple. Just one button seems like you would have to push it a lot of times to navigate menus, and if you make a mistake you may have to push it bunch more times to cycle back around to the option you want to select.
Good luck.

If I could read the screen easily & if it has gauge mode, I'd get the wrist mount puck. It would do everything I needed for rec. diving & could be used as a bottom timer if interested in staged deco dives in the future. I would have no interest in a multi gas recreational computer.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom