Diving with or without bands?

Do you wear your wedding bands while diving?

• Yes

Votes: 16 55.2%
  • No

Votes: 13 44.8%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

caveseeker7

Contributor
Reaction score
I wasn't quite sure where to ask this question, but since it says 'bands' in the topic I figured this place as good as any. It's for those of you who tied the knot:

Do you dive with your wedding bands or without them? :rolleyes:

Feel free to elaborate if that depends on gear (gloves for example), attendance of spouse or amount of divers of the opposite sex at the destination ... .

And, in a related matter: Is it true that the ball and chain counts as weight and you can therefor take some off the belt? :wink:

My wife and I never dive with any jewelry. Why would you? What is the need?

but I wear my rings diving unless I'm wearing gloves. There's no reason to I guess....but besides the gloves, I haven't found a reason not to.

Peace,
Cathie

..but mine fits fairly snugly and most importantly my knuckles are big so it can't fall off very easily. In cold water my fingers shrink up a bit so it gets pretty loose but so far my knuckles still keep it on just fine. I figure if I start taking it off and on all the time, that's how I'll end up losing it, so it stays on all the time. My buddy misplaced his ring by taking it off all the time. My ring a simple gold band, though, with no stones or anything so it's not a problem...If I were a gal with a big rock, my thinking would probably be different.

Never wear any rings. What with the change in termperature and pressure I don't want my fingers to shrink and lose a ring, and on the flip side I don't want to surface and find my fingers swell any amount with a ring on! Incidentaly that's why I don't wear my rings in the summer months.

I don't think I'd want to go thru the re-weighting.

If I take it on or off, I'm going to lose it. It stays on all the time - it only comes off for Basketball and Softball games. I worry enough about my car keys while underwater - I don't want to have to worry about where I left my wedding band too.

I would never take it off before a dive. Why? First of all, I would never remember to take it off if I wanted to, second, I don't want to lose it. If it's on my finger, I always know where it is.

It's a thin, smooth gold band that has been in place for 30 years.

Two years ago I lost the engagement ring that went with it. I've never had the habit of removing my rings for anything so it actually didn't cross my mind to take it off for diving. Sure enough, the flag line got behind it on the surface and whoosh!...it was gone.

I haven't replaced it and probably won't. And if I had it to do over, I would remove any rings that don't fit very well and that are not perfectly smooth.

My only concellation...If I had to lose it, what better place than on a dive? And if you're ever on a site called Crab Ledge off Pompano Beach somewhere and find it, there's a reward!

Back
Top Bottom