Regulator Service Plan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BigFisch

New
Reaction score
Hi:

What is the regulator service plan? I know that there is a two year warranty but are parts provided for life like Scubapro? I couldn't find this information on the Hollis website.

Thanks,

I'm curious about this as well, I just purchased a DC1/212.

I just went back and read the info that came with my 212 and YES, if the regulator is purchased from an Authorized dealer, you are the original owner, and is serviced annually by an Authorized dealer... LIFETIME parts are covered.

Has anyone tried to have their regs serviced? My regs are due soon. Reading over the manual, I read that annual service, including parts, IS NOT included. I'm the original owner, bought from a Hollis dealer, and registered the warranty. Any clarification as to whether the parts are included is greatly appreciated.

Annual Service consists of:

• Inspection
• Complete disassembly
• Thorough cleaning and evaluation of reusable parts
• Replacement of non-reusable parts
• Complete reassembly
• Final adjustment and testing

Costs for routine inspection and Annual Service are understood to be a normal part of
operation, and are not covered by the regulator's limited warranty.

Has anyone tried to have their regs serviced?
Costs for routine inspection and Annual Service are understood to be a normal part of
operation, and are not covered by the regulator's limited warranty.
Alright Nick, now I'm confused. My regs are in for service now, and I have a question regarding warranty registration.

The regulators came with a piece of paper that states if products are registered, then:
1) "Thank you for you for purchasing a HOLLIS product, you increase your service warranty from two years to Lifetime."
2) Lifetime Regulator Parts Replacement Program: Receive free standard replacement parts as long as you own your HOLLIS regulator and have it serviced annually by an Authorized HOLLIS dealer.

So it seems like the Lifetime warranty covers standard parts. What are standard parts? Those non-reusable annually serviced parts?

Alright Nick, now I'm confused. My regs are in for service now, and I have a question regarding warranty registration.

The regulators came with a piece of paper that states if products are registered, then:
1) "Thank you for you for purchasing a HOLLIS product, you increase your service warranty from two years to Lifetime."
2) Lifetime Regulator Parts Replacement Program: Receive free standard replacement parts as long as you own your HOLLIS regulator and have it serviced annually by an Authorized HOLLIS dealer.

So it seems like the Lifetime warranty covers standard parts. What are standard parts? Those non-reusable annually serviced parts?

Sorry for the confusion. "non-reusable" means standard schedule A parts; or specifically the o-rings, low and high pressure seats, etc. ALL other parts are inspected and replaced only if required - these are "reuseable" unless it is found needing replacement.

Hope that helps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom