2 Weeks in Egypt

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaSloan

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I will be in Egypt for two weeks at the end of April and the beginning of May and wanted to get some input in what I should make sure to do. I was planning on doing 3 to 5 days of sightseeing in Cairo and Luxor and then spend the rest diving. I was going to go from Luxor to Marsa Alam to dive Elphinstone and then fly to Sharm to do the rest of my time at Camel Dive with maybe a day trip to Dahab to do some shore diving (Canyon/Blue Hole?).

Unfortunately I have limited time and want to fit the best in without rushing too much. Thoughts?

Thanks!

Sloan

Elphinstone is a good dive. But this way you'll spend a lot of time, money and effort to dive it. Also take into consideration that the flights to and from Marsa Alam are not on daily basis.

If I were in your shoes, I would have either chosen a liveaboard or headed to Sharm/Dahab directly.

I was thinking the same thing. May go by bus to luxor and then to marsa, but travel seems excessive. Should two days in Dahab be enough?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom