Nomad-Swapping the inflator hose with the rear dump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dive_Aholic posted some at TDS.

Its a fairly simple though though... moving the inflator hose to the bottom is a no brainer, then the dump to the top of the wing is easy. You just have to lengthen the pull string from the dump valve(no behind your head) and route it through the shoulder in a way that keeps it in place. Route it through some plastic tubing to reduce the chance of abbrassion or catching.

I had seem some pics a few days ago, but I sure can't find them now. Maybe it was on TDS, but I cannot find them again. I was wanting to take a close look at the pull string.

I didn't bother to reread the thread but I looked at the pics again, so forgive me if I am repeating something that was said there already...

Some of the troubles you might want to save yourself... It's nice to innertube (or sumthin) the corrugated hose onto the harness somewhere along the way. Otherwise, at least for me, everytime you're donning/getting to water it's a sure thing the corrug will somehow escape and flop somewhere like behind the butt plate exactly when you are at your sweatiest.

If it was not mentioned, expect to swap the orientation of the mouthpiece on the inflator, at least twice. It always looks right until you wear the thing - in water....

I have been using the hard tubing on the shoulder dump. I am going to move to softer tubing. Probably me but it is such a kinker, always wanting to pull the string away from where I think it is. Also, I am on a lookout for bigger teardrop/ball (I dive dry though). It seems like however you nail the thing, it always wants to drift. I do not have as many convenient attachment points as the Transpac in the pic, or lets say my shoulder is way more crowded, and the hard tubing wants to jump on obstacles...

I didn't bother to reread the thread but I looked at the pics again, so forgive me if I am repeating something that was said there already...

Some of the troubles you might want to save yourself... It's nice to innertube (or sumthin) the corrugated hose onto the harness somewhere along the way. Otherwise, at least for me, everytime you're donning/getting to water it's a sure thing the corrug will somehow escape and flop somewhere like behind the butt plate exactly when you are at your sweatiest.

If it was not mentioned, expect to swap the orientation of the mouthpiece on the inflator, at least twice. It always looks right until you wear the thing - in water....

I have been using the hard tubing on the shoulder dump. I am going to move to softer tubing. Probably me but it is such a kinker, always wanting to pull the string away from where I think it is. Also, I am on a lookout for bigger teardrop/ball (I dive dry though). It seems like however you nail the thing, it always wants to drift. I do not have as many convenient attachment points as the Transpac in the pic, or lets say my shoulder is way more crowded, and the hard tubing wants to jump on obstacles...

Any and all suggestions are much appreciated. I am brand new to sm.

I'll try to get some better photos of my rig this weekend and post them here.

nomadmods001.jpg

nomadmods002.jpg

nomadmods003.jpg

nomadmods004.jpg

nomadmods005.jpg

nomadmods006.jpg

nomadmods007.jpg

nomadmods008.jpg

nomadmods009.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom