Elphinstone and the brothers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Vidiotic

Registered
Reaction score
Is it possible to get to these places from Dahab or are they only live aboard type sites?

hahah Elphinstone is quite far from Dahab... we from Dahab to Marsa last year and spent 8 hours in a car.... :D

I've been to Hurghada... ED? I dont know what ED is?? Never worked there, just dived with Colona.. I'm going there this friday... you'll be around?

We had a private van and driver, he was good, and the destination was shagra so not so deep.... Then stayed for three days only and drove back!! No ferries.... we crossed the channel :) first and last time!!! hahaha

maybe it was more... ten hours?? I dont remember, even though the roads were good, it was a long trip...

Well, one of the instructors had a holiday (just before ramadan) and we wanted to see the tigers at Elphinstone.... did two dives and only saw one oceanic white tip 10 meters below us!!! Then we skipped a house reef dive (BIG mistake) and lost black tips, turtles and dolphins, at the house reef!!! It was a nice trip though... had dinner at the new marina in Hurghada on the way home and back to Dahab... over the mountains with two deco dives the two days before hahaha!!

I wouldn't make the trip from Dahab to Marsa just to see Elphinstone. I did three dives at Elphinstone in August/Sept '09 and didn't see a single shark. Others saw an Oceanic and a Hammerhead on seperate dives but I missed them. All-in-all it was a disappointing site, and the third time the current was so strong I spent the entire dive trying to stay alive rather than enjoying it.

If you're doing a few days/weeks in Marsa Alam or Hurghada then by all means add it to your log book, but don't get your hopes up about the sharks. For sharks, dive Protea Banks..

Back
Top Bottom