Which instrument on which wrist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hongrace

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
If you are to carry a dive computer, a watch, a compass, a depth gauge, all wrist-mounted, which instrument would you put on right wrist and which on left?

What is the hog way of doing it?

Thanks.

Compass on the left, computer on the right. Clip off the watch and depth gauge in a pocket.

DIR recommendation is computer/gauge/watch on right, compass left.

That way you can monitor depth and time at all time (especially on ascents) even when your left arm is busy purging, checking gas, swapping or signaling. Since your light is in the left hand, it's also easier to illuminate the gauges that way.

I don't wish to hijack but could someone quickly tell me what would be a benefit of having a plain depth gauge (other than one just happened to have it)? You know, over a bottom timer/2nd computer?

Also, I know slate is not really HOG but if you added slate into the soup (because you absolutely needed it for survey in addition to clipboard/notes etc) would the answer change? We would have to assume the slate goes to non-dominant arm, right?

Sorry...

I don't wish to hijack but could someone quickly tell me what would be a benefit of having a plain depth gauge (other than one just happened to have it)? You know, over a bottom timer/2nd computer?

Price is all I can think of.

mine-------watch on left, computer on right,...compass,SPG,& depth gauge in a console....

Compass on the left, computer on the right. Clip off the watch and depth gauge in a pocket.

+1

Although until I got an X1, I also wore a watch on the right - it is nice to see the seconds when marching up the parade of 1 minute stops from 120'.

All the best, James

I wear a wrist computer on the right, but it's a problem during night diving as the dive light is on the right as well, and backlight of my Vyper sucks.

Adam

OLED computers fix this issue :wink:

I wear a wrist computer on the right, but it's a problem during night diving as the dive light is on the right as well, and backlight of my Vyper sucks.

Adam

I don't know about Hog, but it's not DIR to use slates. We use wetnotes, which are held while data is being entered, and put back in our pockets when we're done with them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom