Brigitte Lenoir dies in Dahab

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK guys here it is in English:

She was 40 years old and was training in Dahab by the Red Sea side aiming at breaking the female's world record for deep diving this August.

The accident happened due to a technical problem. The body was not retrieved.

It is believed that the most probable reason is a problem in the valve that left the pure oxygen opened through the rebreather, which leads to hyperoxic toxicity.

The accident took place at 147 meters, on ascending from 200 meters. Brigitte Lenoir (the victim) was accompanied by Pascal Barnabé, the world record holder of deep diving. He couldn't do anything to rescue her.

Maximum security measures were taken for the dive's preparation. Rarely anyone prepares seriously for 8 to 9 month.

When the accident took place, Pascal Barnabé in addition to 10 other divers were spread on the rope between 70 meters and the surface. A 100 tanks were spread on the rope till a depth of 160 meters taking into consideration all possibilities.

There will be a religious ceremony this Wednesday at the Catholic church of Monthey. On the 12th of April, Brigitte Lenoir illustrated that she's aiming at breaking the world's record by doing a 154 meters dive in Lake Léman. She aimed at doing 230 meters in Egypt.

Condolences to her family and friends. Hopefully this will make Pascal Bernabé think a little more. Doubtful though as this isn't his first...

my condolences to her family, friends and loved ones she was an amazing person and a very nice one i must say..... and to jive master what do you mean maybe this will let pascal think a bit more if you dont mind me asking ?????

Red Sea Shadow - i think you are mis understanding something i was not on the team i was not in the water during this dive when Bridgett and i were in the water at the same time i did 161mt and she was doing a 130mt dive and we got out and everything was all well....

Red Sea Shadow - i think you are mis understanding something i was not on the team i was not in the water during this dive when Bridgett and i were in the water at the same time i did 161mt and she was doing a 130mt dive and we got out and everything was all well....
I didn't say you were in the water during this dive.

I know about your 160m dive on May 11th. You were with Pascal at 160m and she was at 130m, which makes you part of the team as far as I understand. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

During her last dive, there were support divers scattered on the rope between 160m and 70m. The accident took place at 147m while ascending. Why was she left to drown? That's what I'm asking about.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom