Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Da Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I know I will get many different answer and thoughts on this post. But I was looking just for what fins do y'all use while wreck diving? I currently use split fins for reef diving, and will be venturing into wreck diving in the near future. I have heard and read that split fins are not good for this kind of diving, and was just wondering what kind of fins do you use when you are wreck diving.

Non-silting kick is the key if you plan to do any type of penetration. It is hard to do one with split fins (doable but hard).

I used to dive with Tusa split fins and liked them. Switched to Hollis F1 and have better control in the water. Being slightly negative also helps when diving drysuit.

The most common type is ScubaPro Jets / Turtles then you have Hollis F1/OMS Any of the fins would work every person has there prefrence I personally use the Turtles my G/F uses the Jets due to foot pocket size. I have never tried the F1 or OMS but heard good things either of these will work and work well just get the one that fit's and feels best for you.

+1 on OMS Slipstreams - best fins I ever owned - even better after I installed the spring straps.

I have always been a fan of jets or rockets

Turtles (dry) and Jets or Dive Rites (wet)

I use Rockets for wrecks and F1s for everything else. The Rockets are shorter and have more finite control IMO but the F1s are much easier on the feet/ankles.

My first warm water fin were Yellow SP Twin Jets - great for reef cruising.....darling daughter took them when she was certified......:depressed:

Darling bride found a pair of large SP Lighting Jets for $10 that became my warm water fin, nice but heavy to travel with......:)

I was using XL SP Lighting Jets with SS spring straps with my old drysuit which had integrated boots.....

Bought a new drysuit with lace up boots.....the XL's were to small....

Bought a pair of Hollis F1 XXLs - nice foot pocket good fit......

I did not like the strain they put on my ankles and calves......:confused:

Just switched to a set of SP Seawing Novas - WOW what a fin, does all the kicks and feels like a split......:D

Now I will get a second pair of large Seawings to become my warm water fin.....

Light weight and works like both a split and a paddle......comes standard with a bungee strap......

The link may help.........

Hope this helps.......M

ScubLab: Fins - SCUBAPRO Seawing Nova | Scuba Diving Magazine

XS scuba turtles with OMS spring straps. Great fins.

I used split fins on a wreck dive in Guam, they seems to work alright. To reduse silt etc. I think you need to concentrate on your kicks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom