wrist dive computer for ladies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tarheeldiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
To all the lady divers out there. I don't think I'm the only female that would
like to see manufacturers include us in the wrist dive computer industry, am I?
I would love to find a real wrist dive computer with all the functions that can be worn as a watch and not be the size of a small car on my wrist! And maybe a splash of color would be nice so it doesn't look so manly. Anyone agree? thx, tarheeldiver's wife

I have an Oceanic Atom 2.0- while it is still large for a daily watch it is as small as I would like comfortably during a dive in full gear (heavy wetsuit or drysuit). Check it out and see what you think- I've gotten over the color thing- basically everything comes in black.

the face would be to small too read in my diving environment, plus the wrist strap wouldn't fit over my drysuit. I have a st. moritz momentum with a blue face and 3 different wrist bands to keep a piece of diver equipment on me all the time, but I only use it in the pool for confined water sessions, not the ocean.

the face would be to small too read in my diving environment, plus the wrist strap wouldn't fit over my drysuit. I have a st. moritz momentum with a blue face and 3 different wrist bands to keep a piece of diver equipment on me all the time, but I only use it in the pool for confined water sessions, not the ocean.

How does the wrist strap not fit over your drysuit? It comes with an extra extension strap- I have Viking Rings and there's no trouble getting it on.

i don't have the extension. I wear a vyper2 with a dss bungee mount for diving.

Been searching for just that...gotta have..(self changeable battery).. user friendly Nitrox programmable..standard depth/time..as well as time of day (watch feature)..don't care to download the dives..or have tank pressure display..(the Suunto D9..does.. but it's "HUGE" !!)

Just ordered the D4 Suunto...options are..all black or accented w/ yellow, white, pink, and red...I ordered the red w/black.......kinda looks like a clunky, sports watch...
Haven't seen it on a wrist..but it's got the features I'm looking for anyway..
If it's just too big for non-diving use..will be strapping it to a D ring. Till something else comes along.
Am looking forward to comments..too.
..............................................................................................................................................................................
I've done some editing:
Thanks to DiveNav..."Thank You"
I looked again...with fresh eyes..now know..the D4 will have to be sent in for a battery change..
Just like my other (2) computers and my dive watch!!

Last edited:
IMO, anything small enough to wear as a woman's watch, the screen would just be too small to show all the stuff on a DC. I'd like to be able to read the screen!

The smaller the computer, the smaller the display, the smaller the display, the harder it is to read.

I'm just playing the devil's advocate.

Suunto D9 is pretty small.

Also, dive computers don't make cool watches. You need cool dive watches in order to look cool or be cool. May I suggest mid-size (36mm) Omega Seamaster for the ladies? Or Doxa Sub200T.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom