GUE goes tabular

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DaleC

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I see rjack has posted the tables in the DPZ. Any chance of posting them here (I'm not a part of that group). I am interested in looking at them and understanding how they compare and contrast to other tables.

Designed by lawyers and pretty aggressive if you assume a direct ascent. If you assume a "min deco" ascent they are in line with what DSAT came up with for PADI. I have not tried to compare repetitive dives superficially they seem similar. These are for their new "rec1" course which has essentially never been offered.

Attachments

• GUE table.jpg
    GUE table.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 481
Why the heck did they do that? Min deco is so much easier to understand.

Unless your a lawyer :D Gotta comply with industry norms & standards, and avoid anything AndrewG for sure.

Designed by lawyers and pretty aggressive if you assume a direct ascent. If you assume a "min deco" ascent they are in line with what DSAT came up with for PADI. I have not tried to compare repetitive dives superficially they seem similar. These are for their new "rec1" course which has essentially never been offered.

They seem to be quite in line with PADI tables that I have . 30min at 100 ft as on the PADI table

They seem to be quite in line with PADI tables that I have . 30min at 100 ft as on the PADI table

GUE vs padi's EAN32 tables (v. 1.0)
40mins at 90ft vs 35mins
50mins at 80ft vs 45mins
60min at 70ft is same as padi
100mins at 60ft vs 90mins
170mins at 50ft vs 155mins

All in all, they seem pretty damn aggressive to me.

Of course, GUE's tables assume minimum deco, which is more deco than you would do with PADI's tables, with the three minute stop at 15 feet.

First one is scheduled on July 6 in Stockholm, Sweden by the author (Jesper Berglund). If there is little demand for a 10 day (60 hour min) comprehensive beginner level course I guess Thal will forever be silenced...:rofl3:

GUE class schedule | Global Underwater Explorers

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom