Suunto, Aeris, Oceanic????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi, I hope you guys can help me. Im in a market for new dive computer.
So far the people that I talked to are the dealers...and I got confuse now.
Because when I talked to Suunto dealer, they said Sunnto is the best while Aeris and Oceanic have alot of problem.
But the other two dealers said different.

I'm looking at do it all computer. like air integrated, nitrox capable, ect...
while Suunto have the highest price compare the other two, is it really worth it?

than you..

Are you more interested in a liberal computer (Oceanic, Aeris) or conservative computer? (Suunto) Oceanic is known for great customer service, and I suspect Aeris is since they are owned by the same people. I do not know how Suunto's customer service compares to the other two.

aeris, i use the hosed air integrated unit for just about 4 years, i had it for 23 months and the baterry comp floaded after a lds changed my battery, and i left it on back of my boat for 2 days in hot sun, they replaced unit at no charge, and they said that is still should not have failed. I was ready for them to tell me to bad it was my fault and a box showed up on door step. I have in my dive closet 2 cressi, 1suunto, and a sherwood all failed from floading while under warranty and all wanted more to fix then i paid for units. I bought an oceanic wrist unit nx for a back up, i have never had to use it but have lent it to several people diving my boat to use when there units fail.
To sum it up I would buy an Aeris again, I have near 1200 dives with it and would not want another brand or model even if offered for free.

I dont know anything about the conservative nor liberal...but i want to have more bottom time with my nitrox dive.
For budget, maybe under $800...but I'm willing to stretch a little more.

I'm thiniking to get console on hose.

I dont know anything about the conservative nor liberal...but i want to have more bottom time with my nitrox dive.
For budget, maybe under $800...but I'm willing to stretch a little more.

If you are looking for more bottom time then you should look at the Oceanic and Aeris. Oceanic/Aeris is running a preseason promotion till the end of the month. Oceanic Pro Plus 2 with compass and quick disconnect hose for $679. If you have an old computer you can trade it in and get an even better deal. Check you PM. Same is also true for the Aeris AI computer.

......For budget, maybe under $800.......

So far, we have classes for 3 Air Integrated, Nitrox capable, console computers:

Also, all of them are available in our scuba diving simulator.

Regards,

Alberto (aka eDiver)

My wife has an Aladdin Z Nitrox that is and has been practically bulletproof for years. It probably has 800 dives on it. My Suunto Cobra I acquired used is also the most reliable I've owned. I have used it for the past five years.

I have had three Aeris air integrated computers that failed - two under warranty (500ai's) and one two years out (Atmos ai). I will say that although I've had issues with Aeris products, their customer service was very good.

Truth is you can have trouble with ANY manufacturer and customer service is very important. My wife has an Aeris Atmos AI with a hose and loves it, I have an Atmos Elite that I've been using since 2003 and it's been a fine computer too. Aeris/Oceanic make very good computers and like a previous poster mentioned, they are on sale now.

I have no experience with Suunto.

Back
Top Bottom