Scubapro Jet fins XL footpocket fix

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

5.4 crimper

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Has anyone had a problem with there feet moving around in the square foot pocket on there XL Jets. Well I sure had until I figured out a solution. This should get a few laughs but It works awsome. I wear a size 10 shoe and have Turbo Soles on my DUI. I was getting ankle pain and top of foot pain during dives, but no more. Ok, here it is!!!! I was looking around at Home depot for something to cram into the foot pocket to give it a round shape inside. I was ready to give up when I turned around and saw, yes, the plungers!! There is a couple different kinds. The one I used looks like a big doughnut with little ones on top. Black rubber just like the fins and I'm sure negatively bouyant. Cut the 2 doughnuts off the top and cut into 2 equal halves (one for each fin) carve out the inside and soften the edges and push it into the fin foot pocket. Wala!! a perfect tight fit and it doesn't budge. If you want to do this, there are different size plungers out there so find the right one for your foot. Man I'm still laughing about this. Good luck. When I get home the end of the month I can post pictures if anyone is interested. John. really thats my name!

Last edited:
Has anyone had a problem with there feet moving around in the square foot pocket on there XL Jets. Well I sure had until I figured out a solution. This should get a few laughs but It works awsome. I wear a size 10 shoe and have Turbo Soles on my DUI. I was getting ankle pain and top of foot pain during dives, but no more. Ok, here it is!!!! I was looking around at Home depot for something to cram into the foot pocket to give it a round shape inside. I was ready to give up when I turned around and saw, yes, the plungers!! There is a couple different kinds. The one I used looks like a big doughnut with little ones on top. Black rubber just like the fins and I'm sure negatively bouyant. Cut the 2 doughnuts off the top and carve out the inside and soften the edges and push it into the fin foot pocket. Wala!! a perfect tight fit and it doesn't budge. If you want to do this, there are different size plungers out there so find the right one for your foot. Man I'm still laughing about this. Good luck. When I get home the end of the month I can post pictures if anyone is interested. John. really thats my name!

Could you please post some pictures? Sounds interesting.

I get home on the 30th but I will try to find someone with a camera. Do have the same problem Bryan?

I get home on the 30th but I will try to find someone with a camera. Do have the same problem Bryan?

Yeah, I'm somewhere between a XL and a XXL Jet, so I dive with XL Turtles most of the time.

My XL Jets fit my thin-soled dive shoes, but there is a lot of room in the toe area, so it feels sloppy.

Thanks for posting the pics :)

Huge in the front considering they were designed when 1/4" neoprene boots no sole, thin sole were the norm. Huge anyway.

If I do not wear thick enough socks my feet will cramp in my Jets. The Turbo soles work great they just take enough booties and socks for my feet to make a solid contact with them, then all is good.

You might also want to try a Hollis F1 fin.

Has anyone had a problem with there feet moving around in the square foot pocket on there XL Jets. Well I sure had until I figured out a solution. This should get a few laughs but It works awsome. I wear a size 10 shoe and have Turbo Soles on my DUI. I was getting ankle pain and top of foot pain during dives, but no more. Ok, here it is!!!! I was looking around at Home depot for something to cram into the foot pocket to give it a round shape inside. I was ready to give up when I turned around and saw, yes, the plungers!! There is a couple different kinds. The one I used looks like a big doughnut with little ones on top. Black rubber just like the fins and I'm sure negatively bouyant. Cut the 2 doughnuts off the top and cut into 2 equal halves (one for each fin) carve out the inside and soften the edges and push it into the fin foot pocket. Wala!! a perfect tight fit and it doesn't budge. If you want to do this, there are different size plungers out there so find the right one for your foot. Man I'm still laughing about this. Good luck. When I get home the end of the month I can post pictures if anyone is interested. John. really thats my name!

I can't wait to see the pics.

That is a great Idea.
My fins where slightly loose too. What I did was cut up a few rubber dive knife sheath straps lying around into pieces and strategically rubber glued (shoegoo) them into the foot pockets where there was slack. Dove the fins last week and they where a lot more comfortable.

Here are the pictures guys. If you can't see them or blow the pictures up, just email me and I can forward to you larger pictures. www.john@workinghoof.com

Attachments

• IMG_6575w.jpg
    IMG_6575w.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 600
  • IMG_6567w.jpg
    IMG_6567w.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 528
Last edited:
How are you going to jamb the fin in when your dunny backs up.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom