Full face mask w/ communication device help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I dive with a Water rescue Dive Team and we use a full face mask with a communication system integrated in to the unit. I, how ever, have issues with trying to equalize with the style masks we use. I have been looking into full face masks with a communication devise included. Will it need to be programed to the same frequency that the current masks utilize? Or does all the masks communicate openly no matter the frequency? :confused:

Depends on the manufacturer of the communication gear- OTS Buddy phone and most aquacom units have 32.768 kHz upper side band as their primary frequency- that is probably the most common frequency used right now for u/w comm gear.

What kind of mask are you using and what are the difficulties you have with equalizing? There are things that can be done to make it easier to equalize depending on the style. TC's right, the 33khz upper (32.768) is the most common. If you tell what brand of comms you have, I should be able to tell you the frequency...

The communications system and the full face mask are usually made by different manufacturers. Most communications systems will fit in almost any full face mask. As mntdiver said, you need to provide the type of mask if you want answers to your question.

If you are looking for a mask with a nose pocket that you can pinch loke a recreational scuba mask there are two I can think of. The Kirby Morgan EXO-26 and the Kirby Morgan M-48 Supermask.

muddiver is on the right track as far as equalizing. I really have to "push" hard to clear and i have found if i can't pinch my nose then won't be effective enough to clear and i think the masks you are recommending are going to be a help to me.

Next time I am at the Fire Station i will take a look at the brand name of the Mask ans Comms. device.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom