Anti fogging mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dman

Contributor
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a manufacturer that makes a mask that doesn't fog? I thought I read about one once in a magazine but it was long ago. Maybe I'm just being too hopeful.

I don't think such a thing exists - buy anti-fog drops.

Actually there are quite a few. But...you do need to spit in each before each use to activate the secret anti-fogging ingredient.

Actually there are quite a few. But...you do need to spit in each before each use to activate the secret anti-fogging ingredient.
:rofl: trid, I think you forgot the sarcasm smiley with your quote, but in any case you gave me the best laugh I've had all day!!

I actually believe the FFM masks have there own fog prevention on the mask also as the air come into the mask it acts as defog. atleast thats what i have been told when asked..

Creating a semi-permanent surface that allows a thin sheet of water to seamlessly and uniformly adhere would probably make you rich. Pinlock which is the best antifog product I have ever used on land is a water absorbing barrier that creates an air seal between it and a visor. I don't know what would happen if it were submerged though.

There also might be some perfectly formed surface that would work but if it exists I cannot imagine it would be inexpensive.

Yep FFM do not fog because of the air that circulates in the mask. I'm preyy sure they are the only masks that don't fog without spit or defog.

Never used a FFM but almost any surface will fog if there is moisture and heat/cold differential. Guess it would be the dry air coming out of the tank sucking up the moisture.

Yep FFM do not fog because of the air that circulates in the mask. I'm preyy sure they are the only masks that don't fog without spit or defog.

No, not entirly true. Some full face masks like the Interspero AGA do flow the air inhaled across the lense when it enters the mask. A number, like the Kirby Morgan M-48 and the IST do not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom