Oceanic Pro Plus II or Sherwood Wisdom 2?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikeinla

Registered
Reaction score
I bought both of them brand new still in the box. Which one should I keep??? I bought the Pro Plus II first then found a great price on the Wisdom II. I DO NOT want price to be a factor in which I keep.

I bought both of them brand new still in the box. Which one should I keep??? I bought the Pro Plus II first then found a great price on the Wisdom II. I DO NOT want price to be a factor in which I keep.

Do You know how to use them?
We have a class for the Pro Plus 2

Alberto (aka eDiver)

I have the PP2 and have used it over the the last year and love it. It's a great and easy to use computer. Nice large screen and layed out great. The one benefit over the wisdom I believe from when I was comparing the 2 was that the pro plus has a little more info on one screen then the wisdom did and was little bigger in the screen size. I also liked the ascent rate/nitrogen Loading and the wau the computer worked.

Other then those little things the computers are actually close to each other as far as what they have and what they can do.

my husband & I both have the PPII. We like the big numbers & the info provided. I am also considering a wrist computer as a backup.

You may also want to consider the memory & download capabilities of each. The Oceanic software is okay, but the download cable is overpriced and kind of a pain to deal with until you get the hang of it.

I had three of the Pro Plus models for 10 years. Last year they started eating batteries. Took them in for service and since that model is no longer made Oceanic replaced the units at dealer cost.

We had definintely gotten our money's worth out of these units. I passed on the compass as I rarely need one and also on the QD.

My wife, son, daughter-in-law and I have made hundreds of dives with the Pro Plus computers and I have no reason to doubt the Pro Plus 2's won't do as good as a job.

For those of us that actually watched Sea Hunt as a kid the bigger letters and numbers on the screen make for easy reading both above and below the surface.

I don't know anything about the Oceanic, but I do know about the Wisdom and use one myself. It is also known for its large, easy-to-read display and simple, intuitive interface - I can definitely vouch for both features.

One question I have about the Wisdom 2 model you have: does it have aqua-blue buttons or chrome buttons? There are actually two models of Wisdom 2; the newer one has chrome buttons and supports deep-stops as well as standard safety stops, whereas the older unit only supports standard safety stops.

As far as I know, the newer Wisdom 2 is one of the few non-hoseless AI units that considers deep stops into its calculations, so if you plan on using that feature, it might be a consideration for the Wisdom 2.

The two Wisdom 2 units also use slightly different USB adaptors for downloading to your PC.

I don't know anything about the Oceanic, but I do know about the Wisdom and use one myself. It is also known for its large, easy-to-read display and simple, intuitive interface - I can definitely vouch for both features.

One question I have about the Wisdom 2 model you have: does it have aqua-blue buttons or chrome buttons? There are actually two models of Wisdom 2; the newer one has chrome buttons and supports deep-stops as well as standard safety stops, whereas the older unit only supports standard safety stops.

As far as I know, the newer Wisdom 2 is one of the few non-hoseless AI units that considers deep stops into its calculations, so if you plan on using that feature, it might be a consideration for the Wisdom 2.

The two Wisdom 2 units also use slightly different USB adaptors for downloading to your PC.

Interesting because, I believe the new PP 2 also has chrome buttons and the old one did not.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom